Sunday 14 June 2009

Shopping and Cooking

A short day where I did nothing but shop and cook! By the time I woke up, all I did was eat lunch... then go shopping for groceries at 1 PM. Everyone else went on Saturday so I went by myself. And I had a good hour and a half buying groceries in Clayton. Bought a lot of food! Enough for three meals. I planned out to make Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Meat Pie, Char Siu Bao, Chocolate Cream Puffs, Oreo Cheesecake and some random dessert (probably just choco muffins or something). So yeah... took a hit to my wallet, lol. Ouch. But, I was eating off everyone else for like 3 weeks so yeah... it is about time.

I got home, took a quick breather and went cooking by 4:30 PM. It took me up until 8 PM to get two chicken pies and the oreo cheesecake done. The pies were a horror because the pie base, after I spent so long rolling it out and stuff fell apart after baking cause it was too crumbly. Yi Xin and Sha were there with me during that time. I was FFFFF-ing so badly they told me to calm down and don't stress about food. But... if I'm gonna spend so long on something it should look good! Meh. The oreo cheesecake looked decent although it was overcooked actually, and we all ate it warm so yeah... it needs to be eaten cold to taste decent. I liked the pies though. I thought they were great even though I'm sick of baking pies now. Cause I hate rolling out the crust. But I like eating the crust... oh and I made stir fried asparagus for the veggies part (the pie had spinach in it but it was just frozen spinach, lol).

Forgot what I did at night. Was probably just being emo again tbh. I dunno. I can't remember (as I am writing this entry days later) but I do know that I have been going to uni lately cause home makes me restless and upsets for no apparent reason whatsoever. Bah, it's stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment