Monday 16 February 2009

Nothingness never went by so fast...

A day where I did nothing! And it still went by just as fast. Maybe I'm getting good at withstanding ultimate boredom or something. During the mornings and night, as I have a lot on my mind lately I still sleep pretty unsettled (like, I wake up every hour). But let's forget about that. Woke up at 9:30 AM thanks to mum SMS-ing me "Wake up!" (and she knows my mobile is next to me). It was to get me out so we could eat lunch (uhh... we eat lunch around 11 AM - rest of the time was spent at Mum's office while she did errands). Dull dull dull. We went to a furniture store while the tyre people worked on our car tyres. Pretty nice couch there, mum wanted to get a new one to replace the OLD couch that I like so much (*sobs*). Not that it really matters to me since I only live in my current house like 3 months in a year and after graduation I'll probably move out pretty soon anyway if I have to.

Lunch was kolomee. Uhh... after lunch... I did very little. I continued napping (yes, I am sleeping a ridiculous amount these days), then woke up and worked on the bookmarks. And just msn as usual. But the bookmarks! I finished tying the ribbons, but next was to decide what to do with the back of them! Because they are 2008 calendar cards and that's sort of useless. So I ran about my house looking for a stack of sticker labels I bought years ago! And finally found them after rampaging through my room and the office. I found an old clock I made when I was 14 in DT class (our clock project), it still works, although it is badly designed, lol. It took me forever at that age cause I hate working with plastic (once you cut that type of plastic - acrylic, you have to sand, file then buffer it with polish to get it all perfect - which I never could). Anyway I found the labels but next was... should I handwrite MCAC on each and every one of them? The sticker paper is pre-cut into 4x10 pieces (so 40 stickers per A4 sheet) so I attempted to print on MCAC onto each of them. But the problem was making something on the comp where I could print on 40 stickers perfectly where they should go. Let's just say I wasted 5 sheets of sticker paper (which normally would cost a lot but I had so many anyway). Until I finally got it right and printed the 210 labels for each bookmark!

My bro's gf helped me out sticking all the labels so that went by faster then I imagine. I was quite proud of it all! Hehehe. So yeah, these 210 bookmarks will go to every new member. They are mostly cute ones and a couple of anime ones. On the side here you can see the two cute ones that are my absolute favourite (I am stealing one of them, there's a Pokemon one and a Kakashi one for Lesley and Phe-chan respectively). Ehehe. The black ribbons are a bit thicker and bigger then the red, blue and purple ribbons I have but luckily they still look fine. I was thicking of maybe bringing back these blank labels as they can be quite useful although I am worried about my baggage limit. Maybe I'll slide the sheets into my laptop bag or something. But my laptop bag is a backpack. Hmm. Decisions, decisions, lol. But yeah, picture on the right! The labels I made. Okay they are not perfect but keep in mind that I wanted to reduce cost (since I'm footing the bill myself most likely) and all I had was my bro's comp and a lousy inkjet printer, lol. Anyway, the bookmarks act as double advertising, in case people throw flyers away at least they can find the website and forum and hopefully not disappear from us forever and ever. I do hope this will go well. At least this little task is done! The entire stack doens't really look like a lot but it really is 210 bookmarks. Ehehehe. Or I think so anyway. Wait, the black ribbon bookmarks might be missing from that piccy. LOL. Okay whatever, enough about the bookmarks. Umm... by the time it was evening, Drue asked me about embedding his new library system into the club website. And it's pretty awesome. This is gonna be soooo cool. So good bye to good ol' pen and paper library hopefully. I need to do a bit of work on the club website for a day to really get it up to scratch how I like it, as well as write a user manual for the Presidents after me so that they know what they are doing. As I don't want to be stuck with updating the site forever (quite annoying when you are not committee TBH).

Dinner time was... normal as usual. I had another dumbass convo with my bro and his gf again.

Bro: Hey stupid!
Me: Yes?
Me: ...............................
Me: >.<
Bro and gf: Ahahahahahahaha! *high fives*

And then after dinner I need my usual dosage of chocolate. I bought a packet of 3 Bueno's yesterday! To last me for 6 days cause it's two of them in one packet. I only ate one yesterday! There should be 2 and a half packets left.

Me: *opens fridge*
Me: ..............................
Me: WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE PACKET LEFT$#@$#!!#@!!???????
Bro and gf: *starts snickering* Ehehehehehehe. ^____^

My bueno. T.T *sniffles* The rest of the night shall be spent... doing who know's what. I will try my best to be pleasant and happy tonight despite everything else.

Reply to comments...
@Magdalene: Of course there was nothing wrong with our convo. ^^;;;; Go do your work!!! LOL. Such a terrible student! *tsk tsk*

6 comments:

Phe-chan said...

As I said in the forum chat, but I dun think you were around, I went "kyaaaa~" when I saw the Kakashi bookmark =D
Also, if you wish to strike back against the Bueno thieves, I am at your beck and call, commander. For fallen delicacies!

~Leisha~ said...

your bro is mean >.>
*hugs celine*

oink said...

oh my ur clock looks so much better than mine did. mine was just ... bleh. tho i remember getting told off for chucking my egg holder straight in the bin! HAHAHAHA. wah you should get ur bro to buy you some chocolate back after eating yours! *obediently goes to study* xxx

David Coulton said...

Brilliant shtuff Celine-ny

Akmal said...

poor Celiney =( hehe I'll get ya some chocs in Melb then XD

Anonymous said...

Lets go have chocolate fondue when we get back to Melb. :P Screw bueno... (i love bueno too though T_T)

Post a Comment