Friday 13 February 2009

The last day of ISB...

And today ends my voluntary placement at ISB. My primary school (from grade 4) and high school (up to grade 11 / form 5). Okay, it wasn't really anything, I just tottered off without much care or concern. I was more sad leaving Melbourne in November last year, lol. I woke up at 5:30 AM as we needed to drive my bro to Muara port first so he can get to Labuan. When I got to school... OMG. First thing I had to do was to help the year 12's deliver Valentine roses and chocolates. I was like.... T.T. This reminded me of my ISB days. I hated this day! Cause I never got any roses or choco... I mean it's obvious to say why. Not pretty, no outgoing personality, not very nice in general, so yeah... not populer in any way. Boo boo, it was always a blow to my non-existent confidence! I don't need to be reminded how unpopular I am, lol. Like seriously. I wait for that one day... just that one day I'll get a rose or some choc from a guy. *___* Some of the girls got like 10 roses, lol (they are $3 each! Right now Brunei dollars is same as Aussie dollars so you can do currency calculations there if you like). I was like... wow. O.O

I mean right now at my age... like... V-day has lost most of its novelty since ya know... I want love all year round. Not love on a specific day, that's utterly retarded. Part of me is sad that I grew up not enjoying the stuff the others did my age at the time but *shrugs* oh well. I'll act like I'm 20, if I hang about sniffing over stuff little 13 year olds giggle about I'll need to smack my head profusely against a brick wall for being a dumbass. Still though, I'm a romantic at heart. I wanna go on a nice romantic date once on Valentines day, or have a lovely dinner - homemade or outside I don't care... *sighs*...

Whatever. So yeah, delivering the flowers was hell. Besides what I just said, I couldn't find the people and it was just confusing in general. And the sun was baking. My last day involved doing lots of last minute tasks. But in general I did very little. I sat about at times just talking to Liz or Mai. Besides my reference letter, Debbie gave me a card and an ISB calender that she bought from the shop. Which was sweet! Ehehehe. When I left I had a chat with Damon, said bye to him and Debbie, and Liz (although I'll probably see her sometime soon anyway before heading back to Melb) and yeah... that was it. Now I can go back to sleeping at 2 AM and waking up at 10. For a week. I'll probably spend the week in the house working on MCAC plans and going out when I can (there is some people I want to see before I leave I think but I'll need to get off my ass to do some contacting cause I know they won't, lol).

I took some pics of the bulletin boards I did at ISB. Haha, the stuff I had to stuck up. This isn't all of them cause I couldn't be bothered. But yeah, I do think they are rather nice! They took ages sometimes. Debbie did the initial setting for them since I don't really know what I'm doing. But I think I have learnt much!

Like this one the most. Pusat Bahagia one!

This is for advertising the Pygmy Elephant project!

Stuff the Secondary school has done! I made all the posters!

Bye bye ISB! Especially if I don't come back next year...

Shot of the other side...

Debbie's office! My home for 6 weeks...

Let's see, spent the afternoon on MSN and napping. Just waiting for time to pass, going to go watch Inkheart with Ming tonight at Empire. Inkheart is sort of old so there wasn't an earlier showing, gah... the movie is so late (10:10 PM... T.T, ooh it'll be like past 12 by the time I get home =.= and I can't sleep in too late tomorrow...). And Empire cinema is so far from me. I wanted to watch Valkyrie (then we could of like.. gone to the Mall) but like.. I dun think he wanted to. I wanna watch Valkyrie though... must find someone to go with me ~ *nods*. I'll make good use of the cinema here since it's like $5. Aus and their $10 (or $11.50 if you don't buy those discounted coupons) tickets scare me!! Only time in Aus I think I'll go to the cinema is when Bernie and co. or James and co. wanna go as a group.

Reply to comments...
@ Phe-chan: I have... a yellow top like that? I don't think it is me, Phe. LOL.
@ Yi Xin: Cute clothes!! Wear some!! I'll make you wear some, lol. I have plenty. Ahahaha.

4 comments:

~Leisha~ said...

D:
i want to watch inkheart!! T.T

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah padang!!! I miss school field lol. Screw the $10 lets go for movies at melb anyway. :P

oink said...

happy valentine's day! haha. i'm kinda through my bottle of wine. i have that calendar too! now it's of pitcher plants! hahaha. i miss isb days. esp valentine's at isb ... i'd actually get some chocolate possibly and got a rose one year (for obvious reasons though). anyway, hope you enjoyed being back there and guess what? i even worried mr C for a while last nite. HAHAHA ... damn i miss isb. *nostalgia coming in* sorry, writing a comment after a bottle of wine means i say a lot =P xxx

Anonymous said...

Lazy Phe again *sigh*.
DAMNIT! I could've sworn it was you in the yellow top >.> T.T *cries, and then gets over it and hands Celiney choccy*

Post a Comment