Thursday 29 January 2009

Just another day...

I couldn't think of some fancy title for today's entry, lol. It was a very normal day. Got up as usual, although I seem to be getting lazier. List of work was from yesterday but I actually did very little today but I was exhausted from the beginning. I had to clear out and clean up the shelf full of uni prospectus for IB students. It was a pain in the ass because that shelf is outside, so the damn thing was filthy. I was so tired by the time I was done I was like all sluggish for the rest of the day. Besides that, I just worked on a powerpoint for a bit, went to sit in Mr. Barrett's year 6 class for a while, ate lunch and read my book and helped set up an assembly in the afternoon involving a scuba diving, coral reef conservation and attempting to convince the students to join in (although it'll cost $500 to complete the course to become a certified scuba diver).

The assembly setup involved me running back and forth looking for the IT technician to setup the powerpoint projector. Cause I could never find him. And I was getting irritated from exhaustion (I think I walked up and down the school area like a dozen times today - the ICT room is right at the end unfortunately). He was out for lunch apparently. Then when he didn't show up at the assembly like he should of (it was just 5 minutes late by yeah... we had 10 more minutes to setup) I went to get him again and he was on Facebook in the room! I would of lol-ed if it wasn't for the fact that Ms. Hancox was in there. He was a pretty cool guy though, we chatted a bit but then there was the assembly to listen to (he pulled up a chair for me so we were like sitting behind the powerpoint projection - unable to see, haha, not that I minded since I could still listen to the guy's presentation anyway). I wish I could try out scuba diving but I wouldn't have the money to do that. I liked how humerous Mr. Canterford sounded when he was like... two main problems with those interested in the scuba diving. Problem #1.) It costs monies (a lot of monies - for us anyway) and 2.) If you can't swim then... that is a big problem. Normally people from ISB can swim though cause they sort of force you to learn *shudders at the primary school swimming days*.

When the assembly man first came, he said that someone phoned him saying "Be there at 1:30 PM!" That phonecall was me and Mrs. C smacked me on the arm saying that's not very polite. Then he changed his words and said that "I just wasn't as polite as I could be" (in a relaxed way - I wasn't in trouble). But I must say.... HEYYY, I did not say that. I'm pretty sure I was sort of like "Uhh... would you be able to come at 1:30" or something like that. I wouldn't demand people of things. But I get nervous talking on the phone still so sometimes not everything comes out as I want it to. T.T I hate the telephone, lol. Even at ISB, I can just phone people easily using the phone extensions but I still normally get up and walk to the room to talk to people directly.

At lunch, Ms. Natalia was like... the book! She wanted to borrow Tony Parsons' "My Favourite Wife" from me, but I was reading it so she said after I was done. But I was taking my sweet time and she apparently finished her last book and didn't want to start another one until she went through mine first (as she has limited time to do that - considering I have only two weeks left). So she went to see how much left of the book I had and said she'll give me 2 days before confiscating my book (lol). Well, I finished it already. Heh, it was a good book. A bit of a bittersweet ending (leaning more towards the tragic side) but you could guess from the beginning it wasn't gonna end well when a story involves a man loving both his wife and his mistress. In simple stories the wife just has to turn into an evil bitch and we don't feel bad anymore. Sadly, it wasn't so simple. Now I need a new book to bring to school to read during lunch (cause me is a loner and I eat alone~). Probably gonna start Swan Adamson's "My Three Husbands"... *watches as you people stare at her book names*... whaaaat~ they are all chick-lits! What do you expect? :P Although I don't think it is fair to call Tony Parsons stories 'chick-lits', lol. I wanna read Tony Parsons other books. He has like 5 other. Perhaps I'll get them second hand off Ebay or something...

And just looked at Liz's blog. Oh yay, she got the job at ISB! I have a lunch buddy now (maybe the novel reading is now no longer necessary, lol - cept when I run out of things to do or just get bored). And then I just got a phone call from her. She's with Ms. Wong! Lucky~ I guess she got in with Ms. Wong's referral (I dunno who referred me but I assume it was Ms. Hancox because Ms. Wong didn't even realise I was in the school until that day I told you where she looked at me - went away and went back to look at me again).

No comments:

Post a Comment