Tuesday 9 October 2007

Two days....

Found another house to inspect tomorrow. Boo though, wish I had a car. Don't feel like calling V again for the 15000th time, I shouldn't really. Dunno if I will go to Clayton to get the keys, go to the house, go to Clayton to return the keys and then get back to the Halls. It's just too much.

My day plan on Tuesday was to just go for some house inspections, then work all afternoon and night on my assignment. What happened in the actual day? Nothing as I planned. Yes, once again I am not doing my work. Watch as I dig myself deeper into a hole. T.T

So yeah, I had a house inspection at 10 AM. I woke up at 7, phoned V at 9 and then Stan called. Apparently he's coming also. I went a bit early to uni to get some free pancakes (every Tuesday!), but apparently they only started cooking at 9:45-ish (although they're supposed to start at 9:30). So I went for house inspection instead, and get the free pancakes later. At like 10:15, Amanda finally managed to get out of class and we made our way by car to the house. Uhh... the house was... decent. Actually, it was pretty good. It had a fairly large kitchen where the kitchen had this cute window kind of thing that opens to the living room. The problem? The house was dirty which kind of ruined first impressions, and like... it's too far. The house is just too far from uni. The guy said like 15 - 20 minutes but... no way. It's gonna take me like 30 minutes to walk to there. The place is like only 5 minutes away from Clayton shops. And well... Clayton shops isn't that far from uni but... it isn't right next door either. T.T

So yeah, me and Amanda wasn't too impressed. Nor was V and Stan. So we made our way back to uni, and we had to pick up a certain lease agreement document at 11. So we went back for some pancakes first but... NO MORE PANCAKES. *sobs* I'll never get any! Next week is my last week! Gimme the pancakes at least once. If I don't... I'm gonna make pancakes myself, lol. Boo. At around 11:10, we got Sharon to join us and thus made our way to the house to get the agreement. We had another quick inspection, and Stan read through the agreement to give us his okay. A house townhouse ad from these Chinese people I found the other day stuck in my mind though. They ahd told me to phone them again on Tuesday. So I went back to Halls and when Amanda finished class, she phoned them (I was worried about phoning myself because of communication problems, I really did have trouble last week and I'm normally pretty used to different English accents, hanging around so many different types of people). They weren't... very friendly. I mean they asked Amanda whether she was China Chinese and stuff (I was listening and wondering why Amanda had to say she was Malaysian, it's illegal in Australia to discriminate someone about who can or cannot move in). The guy was only more pleasant to Amanda when she started talking Canto. T.T

While searching for the ad again for the Chinese townhouse, I found another ad for another townhouse! Lo' and behold, it was Hourigan Avenue. The street I walked by SO MANY FRICKEN times just to get to Izzati's place. @.@ So yeah, Amanda phoned straight after and we got an inspection at 2 PM! Sharon wanted to come and she phoned V to drive us AGAIN... I felt bad but... oh well. V and Tsan were at Coles so we waited until past 3 at the Airport Lounge and MUISS. Natalie joined us for a while as she was bored and looking for MCAC people, lol. So yeah, V and Tsan came back to uni, and we made our way to the house.

We had trouble finding the house first off, but we eventually did. The house was lovely! Sharon was really excited about the place, and I felt a bit better at this. I kind of thought... the past 2 weeks of house hunting, I've been dragging everyone along with me when everyone else had no spirit to look for a place. The lack of enthusiasm made me insecure, I kind of felt like maybe everyone was just going along with me... cause I wanted to find.. a nice place. So yeah, I was really happy to see Sharon happy. Amanda wasn't as hyper but she seemed happy with the place also, and I really like it to. It's more expensive, and it isn't furnished unfortunately, although the previous owners are willing to sell us their current furnishings. We went back to the Halls to discuss and calculate and see whether we can all afford the place. V liked the place also although Tsan and Stan were more on the "no" side. From what I could tell, Tsan liked Panorama more just cause it's more complete, lack of furnishings in this house is troublesome. While Stan felt it... lacked... something. Might be just how the house was setup.

At the Halls, we talked.. for quite a while. Listing down pros and cons. Eventually we realised, as Stan also mentioned when we kept asking for his opinion, that our hearts were set on this new place. We just couldn't go back to Panorama despite the number of huges cons Hourigan Ave has. Anyway, we decided to sleep on it and see what will happen. Amanda sent emails to the current tenant on furniture prices and other questions.

Amanda and the rest of the Farrer people were going to Sophia's at night and then a movie ("Hairspray"). I wanted to go but... assignment. But... I went in the end. Sophia's was lovely though! Yummy pasta again, too bad we didn't have enough time for dessert. Then the cinema. OMG, lol, I had fun with the mirrors at Glen Waverly while we were waiting for V and Tsan to get there. The ones that make you into a CHIBI. I was a CHIBI. Bwahahahahahaha!!


CHIBI~~~~~!!!!

Umm... yeah. "Hairspray" was an interesting movie. It's a musical... sort of thing. Everyone is singing and dancing. About a pretty fat girl who wants to make it big on this popular dancing TV program, and yeah... elements about the battle between racial segregation and appearance and differences in general. And how all that doesn't matter with talent. Anyway, after that we headed home and I went to sleep, lol, since it was like 11:30 by the time the movie finished.

Wednesday... uhh... spent some time looking at my assignment question. Then went for lunch at MCAC. It was a fairly quiet lunch, a lot of people (Raine and Drue in particular) were not in the most cheery of moods. Overwhelmed by stress unfortunately. I hope they will be more genki tomorrow or next week. Only me and Raine were at the cellar room, and we got thrown out by these people who booked it for prayers. So yeah, Drue and Nat had their stall setup in the campus centre so we all just hung there. Wednesday lunches normally have more people so it wasn't too bad. Moo-chan made these... interesting.. desserts... which he couldn't name. Umm.. it had an acquired taste. Alex and Max liked it. I thought it tasted like kueh, which isn't bad per se, just not one of my favourite foods. Hope I didn't hurt Moo-chan's feelings. T.T

Amanda came to screenings! We just hung about talking. At the end of it, 10 of us including me and Amanda agreed to pay $10 to get Drue and Vu to wear... maid outfits during next week's BBQ. It will.... be quite a sight to see. Oh right, the BBQ. Nat made these invites with Vu's face all over. We were expecting him to lose it and kill us but all we got was a "What is this? What the fuck is this?!". Booorring. At least... break the projector or something.

After screenings we just sat around at the Main Dining Hall. We arm wrestled again! I lost to Amanda and Nat again. And OMFG Bernie is a monster! She defeated me in like 2 seconds (when it comes to Nat and Amanda, I give up, not that they actually get my hand down). But I just couldn't keep up with Bernie. I know she became strong lugging around DVDs all of last semester but... wow.

When I got back to Halls I saw another new 4 BR house I can go inspect. But I'm kind of lazy. I have to go to the office to get the keys then go to the house. And I have no car. *sighs*

On to assignments and reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment