Thursday 25 October 2007

The past week in a nutshell....

Yay, finished typing everything. This was a lot of work, HAHAHAHA. I am SOOO OBVIOUSLY NOT STUDYING! I shall be resuming my daily posts now that I've gotten this chunk of the text out of the way (the reason I couldn't make any new posts).

Last Monday
Monday I didn't do much, I finished assignment, went to uni to hand it in and spend the remainder of the afternoon sitting with Drue, Nat, Chris, Sharon, Raine and co. by our Karaoke promotion stall then they moved to the cellar room. Of course, that was when the GFN volunteers appreciation party was held at, so I went for that straight after. MCAC was still around during the party, I felt kind of bad how they couldn't join in with anything. Then everyone went to Bernie's place because... the.. costumes for Vu and Drue had arrived. I wanted to go but I wanted to stay for GFN also, lol.

GFN was fun. We had a KFC dinner, I got a certificate where my name was printed wrong so that went out the window. Will get another one another day I think. But I didn't get one in the end. Oh well? Maybe I can ask for 2 next year, LOL. Umm... at GFN we played weird games like blow out... where you .. sit in a circle, say blow whatever crap and basically whoever is in the circle has to say something like "everyone wearing jeans" and everyone wearing jeans has to find another seat in the circle. Can't find one, you're in the middle. 3 times in the centre and you have a penalty. Only Mitze got a penalty in the end which was to propose to someone. She proposed to Amanda, lol.

Now much else happened. Everyone seemed to like my cake, although I wish I did thrown chocolate sauce all over it. It was too strong. Destroyed the taste. Mitze drew a flower on my hand, which is gone now sadly but it was really pretty. Eventually, V drove us back to the Halls.

Went over to study at Farrer for the night for a short while. I also met Chris again! Chris from the first semester, an old friend from Roberts. Not MCAC Chris. He had to leave Australia for a bit, and now he came back living at Farrer Lords. We went over to Rachel's room, dragged her out and had a good chat.

Last Tuesday
I was supposed to JUST study for my exam on thursday. I was expecting Tuesday to be a nice and calm day. But noooo! It didn't turn out that way. Obviously it's my own fault. I went to uni to get a pancake (finally I got one) and I bought a muffin to eat also. Then I went back to study. At around 12 past Chris sent me a message on MCAC forum asking whether I wanted to join the group as we go to Chaddy to buy Drue a uhh... *coughs*. So I said yes cause I wanted to go and help Drue pick a *coughs*. So yeah, at past 1 Chris gave me a call and Drue drove me to Chaddy.
The uhh... experience was rather interesting. I was really embarassed you know. Then we went EVERYWHERE looking for lace so that Lee could sew it onto Vu's costume for Wednesday. Since it was too short. We went everywhere, Kmart, The Reject Shop, Target, etc. Couldn't find it. No, Chaddy has no Lincraft. Anyway we went to Coles at the end, Nat bought some cake-making stuff and uhh... Bernie had a lot of veggie patties for Wednesday's BBQ, LOL. After, Nat wanted to have ANOTHER DDR time at Bernie's place. I wanted to go home. By this time Drue had left for his Maccas interview so if Chris went to Bernie's I would have no ride home. Boo boo. But yeah, Chris hesitated but eventually he decided to drive me back. Heh. And in the end didn't return to Bernie's place.

I made cake at night. For tomorrow. Yay, Celine doesn't study! Oh and I made dinner too. During the time when I made cake a random girl and her mom came in and asked me stuff. Oh and guess what? It was PASTA NIGHT AT ROBERTS. OMG. I was like... SHIT! NOOOOES~ my free food. MY FREE NICE FOOD! So yeah, I had already ate dinner by the time I realised it was pasta night and it was announced. Bleh. Didn't bother to go in the end.

Last Wednesday
MCAC end of year BBQ! Heh, it was an awesome day. I went to uni at around 11 AM to keep Drue and Raine company at the promotion stall (outside STA travel). Raine was studying and Drue was just chilling. I went to get the water dispenser from Jimmy. Had to wait a bit since he wasn't around. And then he had to come out of a staff meeting to give it to me. How embarrassing. And yeah... I didn't get any certificate in the end, oh well. Umm... eventually more people came to the stall. Sharon, Amanda, Jia Chee, Alex, Moo-chan. Sharon and Raine changed into their costumes, and Alex had his huge ass Auron sword. Moo-chan made these pastries, macaroons I think they were, and I got eat one. It was nice. He was determined to force Chris to eat one of his foods this time. It was funny cause I had my cake and like... Alex ate mine but wouldn't it Moo-chan's. Cause he had a sore throat so he would only eat mine since mine were soft. Poor Moo-chan though.

Anyway, Sharon and Raine eventually changed into their costumes. And when Sharon walked through the campus centre to get water, ROFL. You should see the amount of people STARING AT US. I was wearing plain clothes but I was carrying Alex's sword. Which like reaches the ceiling. Yes, I know. I bet my family and friends back home probably think I'm a freak now. LOL. But oh well, I'm enjoying myself despite getting labelled a freak on campus (and please note, unlike high school, campus is like over 10'000 people ROFL). Whee, big difference since high school in terms of me confidence level.

Umm.. yeah. At 12 we made our way to the BBQ are at the Japanese Study Centre. So many things happened I kind of can't remember. Let's see, the BBQ fell over when Sandreep and co. tried to drag it over. Umm... Chris' Haruhi costume. He brought it for me but I didn't want to change. So I pointed at Moo-chan to wear it and HE DID. ROFL!! And Raine brought her purple wig also. It was perfect. And Moo-chan has glasses. Heh. So yeah, Drue and Vu changed. Which was just excellent. Lots of photos were taken. Uhh... my cake did well. Cosplayers included... Raine, Moo-chan, Alex, Sharon, Tam, Nat, Terence.. umm... yeah. And Drue and Vu, but that ain't cosplay. That's just cross dressing, lol. The actual BBQ was good. We had too many sausages. Seems Vu went crazy and bought 200 LOL. So I ate like 3 sausages. Sandreep, Sharon and William did most of the BBQ-ing. Poor them, Sharon and William got it pushed onto them I think.

So yeah. A lot of funny and... wrong things happened at the BBQ. Drue and Tam were so overly friendly with each other. Raine and Ming Ming were like... *coughs* well we all know what happened there. Heh. Nat made some yummy little cupcakes which she had bought the day before, and wrote like I <3 MCAC on it or something like that. It was a fun day anyway, that's what mattered. We got our MCAC t-shirts also. Which were cute. And a lovely group photo. <3

At around 2:50 PM, we had to go pay our bond for our house at Panorama. So we made our way over (me, Amanda, Jia Chee, Sharon, V and Stan). But uhh... there were some problems. For the bond, the receipt in this scrap piece of paper. Like seriously! We all freaked out and sort of refused to pay. I think the agent, Yenny, got annoyed at us while we were on the phone with her (we've never met her, it's always JUST her staff). In the end she just said not to pay today and we all left a little melancholy. Boo boo. We made our back to uni and I parted from the group to look for MCAC again, who were all still at the JSC despite the BBQ having finished.

Uhh... cause we had so many sausages Vu gave me a whole 'nother bunch to share with everyone (Amanda and co.). And Tam insisted on taking the bread also (which I didn't want but.. meh...) The after-BBQ was kind of amusing. More photos taken. Ming Ming gets on top of Raine *coughs*. Randomness. And then I finally decide to go cause it's getting late and I need to study. I walk back to the Halls with Jasmine and Owen, who parts way so yeah, just me and Jasmine. We have a little chat and I told her about the TripleC, and she said she would help out (which is a re-assurance considering how Jasmine works at Gloria Jeans and has waitering experience).

Later on in the day, Amanda went to collect the sausages from me to pan fry. Yay, sausage dinner AGAIN. LOL. Umm.. yeah. I felt guilty not helping out so I went over to Farrer but they all just made me study. T.T Well it was my exam the day after but.... anyway ate the sausages, bread, wedges and some veggies Sharon cooked up and went back to my room. It was rather uneventful.

Thursday
Exam time! Went to do my exam. It was rather easy actually. I think. There were some stupid questions that made no sense. I was a bit annoyed at one of my classmates INSISTING on cheating and talking to me, asking me a question she doesn't understand. When I refuse to answer and just ignored her, she went on to ask Raine instead who gave her a blank look and continued writing. Anyway, in the end Raine finished first at 30 minutes earlier, while I finished next at 15 minutes earlier.

We were sort of early for TripleC meeting so there wasn't much people in the cellar room. I just sat around, ate lunch and stuff. Ummm. In the beginning I remember Tam was there. And Serene. Raine brought over one of her Manifest friends, this guy called George to join our committee. George certainly... talks... very.. much. I sort of reconigzed him and found out later on he was the Sanji cosplayer from Manifest that I thought was awesome. So yeah, meeting with a whole lot of people. We didn't really do much cause we were waiting for Nat, and by that time I had to go so I actually missed most of the meeting. T-T

Class was... dull. I wanted to go back to the meeting, LOL.

When I went back there was this HUGE group of people in a circle and they all just stared at me. I was like.. O__o ... what? And everyone started moving somewhere. So I uhh.. just followed along. Apparently we were scouting another location for the cafe, the conference room (upstairs at the Campus Centre). These.. Shakespeare society people were using the place and wouldn't let us in so like.. we sat on the stage to wait. Anyway various things were discussed on stage. George chattered non-stop, Bernie 1 was doing suspicious things on his laptop (we found out on the forums what he was doing later on), Sharon, me, Jasmine, Nat and Moo-chan talked about the menu.

We finally got to see the conference room. It's a pretty good place. Not very big, but it has a nice little kitchen and stuff. The rest of the meeting was rather melancholy. Overall, people were stressed and cause our group was big and people kept breaking away / walking elsewhere, it meant that the 'meeting' was very disjointed. People weren't on top of things cause they weren't around during certain discussions. Which I found a bit irritating. And yeah, Raine was clearly really stressed and irritated, Alex was ill and sleepy, Nat and Moo-chan just wandered here and there in the end. Uhh... we were stressing about our lack of budget. And that made poor Nazri stress since he IS the treasurer afterall. Sharon, me, Jasmine and George chattered about the food for a bit and we came to a disagreement. I was a bit bleh. So yeah, meeting broke up and I ran off. Seems Drue had a dinner of some sort but I wanted to do my assignment for Monday.

I made a new forum for TripleC! Since I was worried about more miscommunication.

Friday
A nice and quiet day I guess. Went for Education classes. It was dull as always. Then I went to eat lunch. And then I went for this volunteer experiment thing. Um... about how people react in multi-strategical situations or something. Anyway, I get paid for participating in this experiment and it was rather fascinating. So what was it? The experiment just tested what kind of strategical decisions people would make in regards to economics. So what did this mean? Basically, we were tested to see how we would react to get more money (and we were actually paid this money). So the experiment was all on the computer, and was fairly simple. I couldn't physical talk to anyone.

It was made up of 3 rounds. The 18 people that were there were split into groups of 3 (person 1, 2 and 3). The Person 1 would forever be person 1. 2 and 3 switched around. How it works is that person 1 has to choose either A, B, C or D. There are these 4 brackets. And person 2 and 3 have to choose X or Y. What happens here is that in A, B, C or D, person 1 gains different amounts of money. So why wouldn't person 1 choose the one that gets him/her the most money? Because, how much everyone earns also depends on the choices person 2 and 3 makes. That is, the X and Y. So person 2 and 3 would choose the option that gets them the most money, and this might pull down person 1 (or the other person). Basically, A and D were not ideal choices for person 1 because A gave that person the most money but it meant that person 2 and 3 would both choose Y since it gives them the most money and person 1 nothing. D was out of the question, cause while D would mean everyone gets cash, person 1 gets the least. So just B and C left right? Choice B gives person 3 and advantage, while C gives person 2 and advantage.

A key point here is that B and C would be out of the question if person 2 and 3 could communicate, gang up and choose a choice where they both get the same amount and person 1 gets nothing. But because they couldn't communicate, person 2 and 3 (I was person 2 during round one) just fought for as much money we could get depending on person 1's choice.

Round 2 was interesting. Person 2 and 3 could NOW communicate via a chat window, which person 1 can't read. For a limited time (90 seconds which shortens to 60 eventually). The cons I had with this random person was weird, the person seemed to enjoy typing crap. But yeah, we agreed to gang up on person 1 if they chose either B or C. Person 1 pretty much stayed to choosing D the entire time, which is the choice where person 2 and 3 gets more, and person 1 gets left, but person 1 still gets something. If person 1 chose any other choice, he/she might get nothing since person 2 and 3 would collaborate.

Round 3 was the same as round one again. EXCEPT. This time, person 2 and 3 could collaborate despite having no communication. Note that in each round, the people you are grouped with are different (and anonymous). So round 3 displayed how we could all collaborate to get as much money as possible without communication cause we were already trained in round 2.

In the end, I earned AUD $48.30, hehe. Which was quite a bit more then other people. Since I heard others got like below $40, $41 or so. I guess I have good luck.

Saturday was Stan's bday. I was originally just gonna make some dish to bring for the pot luck party but like... I was requested for my cake. T.T So yeah...

Saturday
Went to Brandon Park in the morning. I realised that I had NOTHING to buy at all except for the cake stuff (well except for milk). So yeah, just bought that and ran back home. At noon, we went over to the Panorama house to meet Yenny and pay our bond and sign the agreement. Once and for all. Yay. We were uhh.... 15 minutes late. Ouch. Anyway Yenny was surprisingly young. O.O Had a cute kid also. The Panorama house... I was a bit out of it that I couldn't see my room as I agreed to take the smallest room in the house. I wanted to see it to reduce the shock next year you know. So like if it's really small I have time to calm down over choosing it and letting everyone else take the other rooms. Cause if it's smaller then Halls, goddamit. LOL. And I'm sure a number of you guys realise that although generally I'm really good natured, because I never get mad at anything when I do get irritated and emo I can just snap. Although I don't injure anyone, myself or break things though during my uhh... fits.. so I guess it shouldn't be a worry. Anyone, whatever. We paid for our bond with a cheque I wrote for everyone. So now I have a ridiculous amount of money in cash that everyone gave me and my bank account is significantly more empty. T.T

Today was FRICKEN HOT. Like 30 degrees. OMG. I forgot how painful it is to be in this burning heat without a trace of air conditioning anywhere. Especially when I spent the past 5 months or so freezing my little ass off every other night. See, I know Brunei and Malaysia always has that temp. But like, there are air cons in those places. There are no air cons in most buildings in Australia. And the summers here are hotter then Brunei. Ugh.

After we all dragged our extremely tired asses back to the Halls, well Sharon and Stan parted ways with us (Sharon attempted to drag Stan away basically so we could like.. go back to the Halls to cook for his surprise party), me and Amanda went to get my cake stuff to make the cake in Farrer. So yeah, spent a good amount of the afternoon doing that. I made 2 cakes actually. One is my usual, the other was an experiment. Cheesecake brownies, lol.

They were both a decent success. Amanda made soup, Jia Chee made fried rice and Sharon made deep fried chicken and some veggies. The chicken didn't go as she liked but she had outsider help luckily. Anyway, Stan knew of the surprise since Sharon accidentally sent a message to V about the party to Stan instead. Oh well, LOL. Tsan was there also, who walked over before it got dark. V walked her all the way back to her house at night (his car has broken down). We took a lot of pictures, uhh... Stan got his faced splattered with chocolate. Random stuff like that. I like my cheesecake brownies, haha. Don't think it was finished though, sad there wasn't enough people to eat it all. So it got wasted... boo. T.T

Anyway Stan invited me and Tsan (everyone else was already invited) to his actual party on Sunday at his family's middle to high class restaurant. We immediately panicked about our clothes and what you can wear to a middle to high class restaurant. LOL. Anyway, went to sleep on it.

Sunday
So I spent the day on my assignment. Considering how I was going out at night. In the afternoon, Tsan was rather worried about her clothes. Messaged Amanda a few times about clothing also. In the end, decided not to go formal. I thought I would wear a nicer top and a skirt though. Transport to the restaurant (which isn't very close), well.. Alex drove me, Amanda, Jia Chee and V. So yeah, made our way there. We were like half hour early cause Alex left early, he was afraid we might not find our way and allotted time for that. We had prawn chips placed in front of us... which we all ate. Umm... we met Stan's mom.. without knowing.. and assumed it was his older sister. Whoops. Stan has cute little sisters (which he called Little one #1 and Little one #2, unfortunately I can't seem to remember their names anymore).

Anyway lots of photos were taken. Met Stan's high school friends. Who were friendly. And .. liked.... anime. I was a bit hesitant to admit what club I was in (the answer to how I met Stan, while everyone else met him through other various means, I met Stan though MCAC), but it turns out his friend is also a fan. That's always good, LOL. Yeah, I shouldn't be hesitant at this point any more, but eh, I guess publically getting labelled as a freak now still needs time for me to get used to (and get indifferent about, must.. learn.. off.. Chris).

Food was good. I haven't eaten REAL GOOD chinese food in ages! It had these really nice SUPER SALTY SOY chicken. Haha. And other yummy various chinese food. Like ma-po Tofu. Sliced beef in black pepper sauce. Some yummy veggies. And dessert, fried ice cream and some normal ice cream. It wasn't really fried as we imagined it, (it was ice cream covered in nuts) but it was still good. Before leaving we had some last minute photos taken. Anyway, got home not too late and went to sleep to wake up early to finish my assignsments.

Monday
Yay! Freedom! Finished assignments! BWAHAHAHA! I went to uni to hand them in. And uhh.. came back. It was Rachel's bday on Monday. So I bought my present earlier, I wrapped it up and did something rather amusing. I went to her room, left the present on the ground, knocked on her door and bolted. LOL. She was like.. O___O at this. And laughing. Well I had to do some sort of a surprise. Anyway she invited me to join her and Chris (note, this isn't MCAC Chris, this is umm... Chris a friend from first semester, used to live in Roberts but had to leave Aus for some few months and came back now at Farrer Lords) at the nearby Chinese place to eat dinner together.

Yeah, we walked over and had a nice and pleasant dinner. It's always good to talk to Chris and Rachel again, since I haven't seen em' much at all lately. I had um.. honey chicken. Which was nothing but honey chicken and friend rice. Uhh... too much chicken. Not enough veggies, lol. It was nice though. Dessert, I carried some Mrs Fields cookies in my hand so we ate them.

Tuesday
Uneventful day. Attempted to study. Failed. Just messed around and didn't do anything. Cooked dinner. Had a shitty lunch, lol. Drue invited me to join the MCAC gang for a last dinner at um... some restaurant in the city on Saturday. We were considering whether to hit the pubs or crash Sharon's place after the dinner. Everyone might just want to go home though, since IT IS exams right now.

Today
Uneventful day. Attempted to study. Failed. Just messed around and didn't do anything. Cooked dinner again. Luckily lunch wasn't as shitty with leftovers from the previous night.

Amanda gave me a call in the morning just to see what I was doing and how I am. It was a pleasant surprise since we haven't talked for like... 2 days, I guess? I always appreciate the most mundane and everyday things. But even small things like a friend phoning me after 2 days just to see what I'm doing is something I can appreciate. Cause normally I don't see anyone doing that for me at all. If I don't actively go and talk to others, I can go without talking with certain people for months after months. Cause normally other people don't care about keeping in contact with me, you know? The most normal of things is special to me. Probably why I feel more happy this semester then I have done for the past 6 years. Having people like Amanda, Chris, Drue, Raine and Bernie message and invite me to things or just to say hi and see what I'm doing since we haven't spoken for a few days is just something I never really had before at any point of my life. (Next to family of course, who have always been the best to me, but I've always looked for a place outside family also, and never really found it)

I was... reflecting over certain things tonight. I could type it all here but I decided not too. As to not offend anyone. Maybe another day. But yeah, I'm pretty happy right now. I'm also really happy that I'm looking forward to next year. To coming back here next year. It's a surprise. I've never really looked forward to anything. I guess I look forward to living with Amanda, Jia Chee and Sharon. And the mountain of activities planned at MCAC next year. And hopefully a lot of new members + friends. And to go to GFN again every night. And new friends from there.

Tomorrow I must get in gear and begin studying for my exams! COM1020 Final Exam, November the 1st, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment