Friday 12 October 2007

Homeless

Geh, I'm homeless! For next year that is. As of right now. So I got up at like 6, class at 10 AM. On my way, Vu yelled my name out in the campus centre (him and Drue were chilling at Coffee HQ). I basically looked at them, asked Vu why he wasn't at his meeting (that prompted him to move) and continued walking since I was already late for class. Stopped at Matheson to return a library book, the MCAC committee members were meeting there at 10 for their meeting, Raine also told me to come but I didn't want to miss my Education lecture.

Education was... boring as usual. Just came and went. At 12 when I came out, the temperature dropped dearly as it rained while I was in class. Watch as I freeze my ass off. I decided not to spend my 2 hours alone in the Menzies this time, since I had nothing to read, so I went back to the Halls. Stan was walking toward the Halls also. So yeah, media studies lecture. Boring as usual. I had planned to drop media next year but like... then I saw the units for next year.

COM2100 or something like that... Computer and Video Games. I want to study that! And then semester two has COM2133 or something like that... Animation Culture. I want to study that too! LOL. I know that unit even has parts about anime in it. I would so love to write an essay on that. Maybe I'll drop EIL instead... even though it means I'll have to suffer the terribleness of media at second year level now. But it might not be so bad if it's about things... I actually like. But I wonder this might be a waste of time for me. I should take units that are useful...

Media studies lecture finished early, so I just sat on a bean bag in the Menzies and silently waited. Rachel came along and we had a good chat. Been a while, heh. Then class. After class I waited at the campus centre for Amanda and co. to come as we had ANOTHER house inspection. The house wasn't far from uni, but we were unfamiliar with the area and ended up walking a HUGE circle around the are rather then just cutting across one short road.

The house we saw was.. uhh... bleh. The front door wasn't used, it had no path and was overgrown with grass and covered in plants. So people come in from the bank. We couldn't really see rooms because the residents seemed generally unwilling, but the place was kind of dirty and cramped. I was looking at the front hall and it was covered in electric fans on the ground and the front door was boarded up. There wasn't even a guarantee of 4 rooms next year either. So yeah, the inspection was a waste of time if you ask me. When we left it was raining so we were stranded for a bit, but luckily not by very much so we could run out with our hoods (gave Stan my umbrella since he had no hood).

BAD NEWS. We basically decided to get that townhouse I spoke about (the nice one at Hourigane Avenue). But yeah, the lady said that there were another group of people who came before us and wanted it also. She could at least told us when we came... bleh. It's up to the landlord now who gets the place. Will find out by next week. OMG, if I don't get this I dunno what to do. Since the Panorama house is probably gone by now (agent stopped contacting me, lol). Homeless... next year. *sniffs* I dunno if I can keep going with these house inspections. I've been to 8 already!!

Spent the remaining night (was 6 by the time we returned), eating dinner, working on assignment, on the Internet and sleep. I'm really tired. Might sleep a bit more tomorrow. I thought I would go to Brandon Park with Amanda and the group instead of my own for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment