Sunday 7 October 2007

And we're taking the house...

New layout! I got bored of the old one...

So I woke up this morning with an email from the agent / landlord person of that house I previously mentioned. The fully furnished rooming house which wasn't really that impressive. Not exactly the house of your dreams, and Izzati's place is so much better. But yeah, we were offered the place and we decided to take it. Generally because it's unlikely we will be able to find a better location (near to uni, the Clayton shops, Izzati's place, Tsan's place, etc) and it's cheaper then the Halls (at $125/week including everything). And it's furnished, so there's no fuss. I'm glad to get the worry of finding a place to live off my back also. Now I can concentrate on my 3 assignments and exams.

Okay, the house was a bit dark and gloomy when we went over, so hopefully we can make it a more personalised, pleasant and homey place with our... decorations. I'm already planning. When I get back home, I gotta return with some posters, wall hangings and a table cloth. I'm also looking into getting a cheap couch or something for the dining room (or maybe a beanbag chair, they're pretty cool and cheap) and a table and chairs set for the outdoors (one thing we have over others is a huge ass backyard, lol. Since it's a house). Oh and a rug / carpet! Hmm... matching rug and tablecloth would be good for the dining room actually. It'll make it look more pretty since that's room's gonna be like the "communal" area since our house lacks a living room unfortunately (the main reason everyone's turned off by it).

We phoned the agent, and Sharon talked to her into letting us see the lease agreement first before paying the bond. As we don't want to randomly just give out money. The woman actually asked to pay today (Sunday) but that's just ridiculous. I don't even have enough money with me, lol. Yeah, went over to Farrer Hall for lunch with the group, and I baked / tried out the brownie mix for the MCAC cafe next year. Uhh... me, Amanda, Jia Chee, Sharon and Stan ate like half the cake, haha. I'll be bringing the rest over to GFN tomorrow to give to MCAC people who are there. The cake / brownies were nice but... it looked too ugly. Far too ugly to sell. Back to the drawing board for me. Gotta improve baking skills over the summer.

Went back to the room. Generally spent the time reading English Lit novel ("Northern Lights" the last book for the semester, I wanna finish it so I can at least go to ONE lecture that I actually understand what the hell the lecturer is saying). Jia Chee invited me over for dinner, so with some of my leftovers from yesterday, I had some yummy mushroom, cabbage, eggplants and prawns to go with my rice. *is so happy Jia Chee can cook* Ehehehe. On to finish Northern Lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment