Monday 10 September 2007

St. Kilda, MCAC and GFN

Long post today. Heh. Since I have two days worth of stuff to blog in which I did a lot of different things. So yeah, let's begin with yesterday. Uhh.. if I can still remember. I woke up at 7 AM, phoned V at 8 and we managed to get a plan on how to get to St. Kilda and places with a Sunday Saver bus ticket. Unfortunately, due to miscommuncation, we ended up missing our bus and we couldn't wait for the next one in 40 minutes. So instead of our original plan of heading to Clayton station with Tsan and company (well... only Tsan after we found out Han Lin and Winston weren't coming due to their hangovers or sickness or whatever from their weird drinks, refer to Han Lin's blog) Tsan had to head to Richmond on her own while we used the Glen Waverly line to get there instead.

So yeah, we finally met up at like 10 past-ish I think at Richmond. Then took the next train to Melbourne Central. By this time we were hungry so we decided to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant as recommended by Amanda! We had noodles and stuff.


On the left side, Mun Jone, Amanda and V. From the right is me, Tsan, Brian and Jean Marc.

After lunch, we wandered around the city a bit wondering how we were gonna get to St. Kilda (if we were gonna go, considering how much time we wasted in the city). Haha. Then we spotted a mind game shop full of puzzles and hung in there. Right next door was one of those photo sticking printing places. I've never done one before so we decided to go!


Our photo sticker, we had 4 different shots, I have two of em' here.

The photo sticker place had some interesting costume like things. So we had a bit of fun there.


The devil and the angel ~ my conscience XD XD I'm a bunny girl, it seems the devil is winning.


Aww... we're so sweet looking. XD

After that we decided to finally head to St. Kilda! So first things first, everyone needed to Boost (fresh fruit juice) so we went there.


Drink boost! It BOOSTS your health! Uhh... yeah. I didn't actually drink any boost, the one you see is Tsan's (which she gave me for the photo).

Okay, then we really went to St. Kilda. Some funny things happened along the way, like after Boost we went towards the Tram stop and lost Jean. And we ran around, stood around looking for him. At St. Kilda, we went into cam whore mode and starting snapping a lot of photos.

We are total cam whores. XD

Group photo!

More group photo (minus Tsan)

We went to Luna Park after this but decided not to pay and go on the rides. Didn't look worth it (I've been twice already afterall). We decided to go to the beach, and hang there. We uhh... sat down, talked, ate food and played frisbee (mostly the guys did that). Some New Zealand guy started playing frisbee with us eventually.

Beach~

Didn't bring the right clothes. I forgot my sunblock and everything. Eventually I couldn't stand sitting int he sun much longer so I brought out my umbrella. And looked like a freak holding an umbrella in the sun. There were these professional looking camera men and women taking photos of others and us... a lot. Of me and my group, with the umbrella and of the frisbee people. We got tired of the beach eventually, and decided to go again. We walked along the shore and went to the long pier to a cafe at the end of the pier. There, we had some afternoon tea (although it was like... 5 already). I had a "Chocolate Meltdown". It was yummy.

Doesn't that just look good?

Eating our yummy desserts~

After this, we went into cam whore mode again. It was nearing sunset and we were on a pier at a beach! So of course photos! There was a rocky area which made up the pier, so we walked around there. There was this couple in a quiet area that kept STARING at us, I assume angrily because we were noisy but everyone insisted on staying since it was a free beach. And I was a bit insecure and kept asking to go but that's just me and my passive nature taking over.

Rocks ~

Group photo! Along the pier.

Then we decided to eat dinner somewhere in the city (since St. Kilda looked expensive) before heading back to Clayton. I wanted Italian food, pasta! So we went to Lygon street. Which is a street full of Italian restaurants. OMFG, I had a terrible time there. Most of the restaurants had pretty expensive prices, and all these owners kept stopping us and pressuring/haggling us to eat at their place. With their various offers (which were still expensive). We kept refuse and making excuses but some wouldn't listen. And there was this one who was like....

Guy: What? Why not? Too expensive for you? Too expensive, go eat at McDonald's!
Me: ............................. #%#Q$#%$!!~!$%#@OMFGWTFBBQ$#Q$%#!~!~~!!

After we walked away, it seems most of the gang didn't hear that comment. But I did and I exploded. Tsan had to hold me down a bit, hahaha. We settled on Universal Pizza which had affordable prices (like around $10 for a plate of pasta). Tsan, Lisa, V and Brian also ate these burning oysters which looked nice but I don't like seafood. In the end, because of the cakes, I wasn't too hungry so I just shared my pasta with V. We ordered Chicken Milano (Mushroom, Bacon and Chicken white sauce) with gnocchi pasta (introducing everyone to the greatness of gnocchi!)


Oysters~


Gnocchi Chicken Milano!

One side...

... and the other side.

After dinner, everyone went to get some gelato! There is this one shop with fruit ice cream, where you can REALLY TASTE THE FRUIT. O.O And they had Durian ice cream. And it really tasted like durians. Although I don't like durians, I guess if you love it you would love the ice cream. But yeah, we were tired, and it was nearing 10 so we dragged ourselves back to Melbourne Central to get on the train back to Clayton. It started raining along the way. Luckily I have one umbrella.

Sleeping on the train (we're faking)

They're definitely faking.

When we got back, V's brother took us back to the Halls. There were more people then car seats, but everyone allowed me priority to get back since I had an assignment due today which I hadn't finished yet (yesterday night). And thus this ends the story of St. Kilda.

And now onto today! I was going to wake up at 4 AM to do my assignment (after sleeping at... 11:30) but ... I didn't! I must have turned off my alarm without waking. I woke up at past 6 AM instead. So I was in a bit of a panic. Luckily I finished my assignment but 11:30 AM, so I went to hand it in then join the MCAC gang to practice our dance for Sunday's dance competition at MANIFEST. In case you didn't know, MANIFEST is the upcoming anime convention in Melbourne, one of the biggest in Australia. There is a competition there for an anime dance in a certain show called Hare Hare Yukai. So yeah... we decided to enter. I took a number of videos of the MCAC's varous exploits. We had trouble finding rooms but we eventually settled upon and enjoyed dancing in the cellar room (where GFN is normally held every Monday night).





Don't laugh, lol. There are some mistakes, I screwed up in a lot of parts. Oh and there are some random parts in the video of other stuff I took that isn't related to the dance. Ignore that. We managed to practice that everyone can do the dance off by heart and we have most of the hand movements right, it's just synchronization now that is a problem. And we're lacking the time to practice (getting around around for hours today to practice was quite a feat!) Yes, we did dance outside in public! I was a bit embarrassed and reluctant, but it was fun in the end when everyone did it together. The outside people were Raine, Drue, Chris, Nazri, Sharon, Natalie and me.

In the end, before GFN started and everyone had to leave, we took one more photo. Haha, I hope MCAC gets another like this with our actual club president in the center.

Go Nazri~

Then GFN started! Raine and some anime club members hung behind but didn't stay. Cept for Nazri and Vu, who end up becoming a volunteer for GFN. O.O Tonight was salsa dancing and speed dating. So the focus was love I guess. I didn't take pat in speed dating, but it was interesting and worked fairly well. A bit fast and I had to yell a bit to get people to do stuff but I think my voice is too high pitch to be a good yeller. But yeah, random GFN photos we took.

Group photo~

The skull t-shirt people (Tsan, Amanda and me did purposely wear matching shirts which we bought at Chaddy last week)

Anyway, after speed dating, salsa dancing started which I DID take part in. We swapped partners a lot and I really suck at it but it was fun.

I was with Mun Jone during this time.

And here I am, blogging until 1:30 AM. Haha. I should head to sleep now, gotta get up early tomorrow for class (for 'The Thief Lord' which I haven't even started) then heading to Chaddy with Mitze and Tsan.

No comments:

Post a Comment