Monday 24 September 2007

Paintball and more!

Didn't make a post yesterday. And you'll find out why. Anyway, I went paintballing with the GFN group. Got up at around 8 AM, did some reading for my assignment and then at 1 I went down with Amanda to the bus loop. We all took the bus to Huntingdale where the centre was.

We had to walk down this long stretch of road at Huntingdale to get to the centre. Me and Tsan ran the way as a warm-up, heh. I even forgot my ankle was sprained. When we went into the centre the first thing that stuck out to me was how everyone in the front hall was male. Although it turned out there were other females around. We signed some random documents and then got the clothing we had to wear for paintball. It was this fugly blue thing. We all looked like guys. T.T

The helmets were a bit clumsy for me. They weren't really good with my delicate frameless glasses. But yeah, when paintball first started, well I couldn't aim for shit first off. And I straight off the bat got a shot to my hand. OW. I was like "SHIT!!!" @____@ #%$#%$!#. The first time I got hit by a paintball. People told me it hurts so I was always curious how much it hurts. Now I know, lol. I started avoided charging out after that. Since we had to conserve our paintballs I tried to save mine also and didn't really do much at first. It was pretty fun but I wished I charged out more instead of hiding in the back. Boo. And I wish I could shoot more freely.

My helmet fogged up completely also in round 2, so I didn't absolutely nothing cause I couldn't see anything at all.

We had a number of games. The first one was some getting the flag thing, which I never understood to the end. Second was this president thing where Han Lin (our president) had to move every 15 seconds and we had to protect him from getting shot. We had only one life for that, after a short while I got shot in the shoulder (I remember yelling out "SHIT!!!" once again since the shoulder since to hurt more then the hand for some reason) so boo, I was out of the game soon after. When it was our turn to attack the opposing team's president, I uhh... had no idea what I was doing the entire time since I couldn't see what was going on. Never saw the president at all, I obviously didn't go forward enough.

Third game was my favourite. Basically both teams must push the other team by force to one corner of the room. Han Lin pretty much directed everyone on our team to just charge forward as much as we could and we did that and won quite easily. It was funny, the referee was telling us he only saw the closest was that they had two players before out of the corner and then we went ahead and won pretty fast. Maybe he was just making that story up? Second round my gun broke down (actually it broke down by first round but that was at the end so I didn't notice). So I didn't really take part. By the time the guy got my gun working again I ran ahead to the front but there wasn't much else to do before time went up.

Then break. Uhh.. everyone ate food and chocolate. Drank water, bought more paintballs. I still had a full shell (like around 100) which I saved.

Final round, it was kind of boring actually cause there wasn't any purpose. But yeah, I just went crazy and tried to shoot everyone. And then ducked under the wooden building like thing cause we were getting pelted with paintballs inside the building, one move and you got hit. I didn't really get hit though, my hand just a bit. Used up all my paintballs. The last thing was some Mexican shoot off but that was just for any leftover people with paintballs left.

I only got hit like 3 times in the end. I'm going to paintball on Friday again with MCAC (I wanna go and I'm scared at the same time). I might try to be less of a coward this time and charge forward a bit more often. Even though it means getting shot more. I don't really wanna end up like V with 36 bruises and his hand bleeding continuously though. I'm kind of wondering how Winston was in the end considering how in the last round he like ran to the center of the field where there wasn't even much protection, like a sitting duck...

So yeah, took some photos at the end, got cleaned up and a group of us went for dinner at Clayton! We went to this... uhh.. Chinese restaurant. The waitresses made a mistake with the order, from 4 plates became only 1. The hungriest person on our table almost ate last. I didn't actually like what I ate either. Tasted funny when it went cold.

Since it was a sunday... we missed our last bus back to Clayton. So.. ahhh... we had to walk back. We stopped by Tsan and Han Lin's place for short while then made our trek back to the Halls (well a bit farther for V).

I took a shower and thought I could sit down to do my assignment. But nooo! Guess again. I was on msn and Chris and Drue were bored. Drue was at uni using the internet there, and they both talked about abducting/bothering me at this time of the night (it was like 11 PM!). Then they said Nazri was near me too so they could bother him as well. So I suggested they could come over if they wanted and we could stalk Amanda. And then Bernie wanted to come over. So then I said to phone Raine also since she lives in front of uni (Halls is at the back in a way). It was hilarious.

It's Bernie's bday today so I asked Chris to buy a cake and stuff so we could celebrate. Sadly it was way past 12 before everyone got together. Chris went out to buy the stuff, pick up Bernie then Raine. The fact that Raine came... well, we almost used force. Everyone continously tried to convince Raine on MSN, while I at the same time was on the phone with her telling her to come, lol. Poor Raine and Amanda, they both had to run off and shower and change quickly cause of us all. In the end, Raine never said okay but since Bernie and Chris were at her door she came along. She mentioned wanting alcohol and Bernie even brought some along, LOL.

So yeah, everyone came to Roberts Hall and we took over the common room and pool table which was empty! Yay, hooray for holidays. Me and Bernie went to Nazri's room and knocked on his door to get him out. It was kind of hilarious.... our spontaneousness!

*Nazri's opens the door and is a bit shocked at seeing Bernie's face*
Nazri: O: O: D: D:
Celine: Hey! The MCAC people are here in the common room, wanna join us?!!!

Raine was wearing this EXTREMELY oversized man's shirt (I wonder where she got it...), it was cute... but funny. Looked like Bernie dragged her outta bed or something. So yeah, we ate cake, talked random things and at 2 AM I wanted sleep so me and Amanda ran off leaving everyone outside at Roberts playing with those sparkly firework thingys you carry around.

Anyway spent all of Monday today on my assignment. Didn't get much done, it's hard. Dammit. I'm really confused on how to set it out logically. Decided to stay up the entire night to get most of it done so I can attend the DDR party tomorrow with MCAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment