Sunday 23 September 2007

BBQ, St. Kilda and birthdays!

Today ... well, more like yesterday since it is past 12 but screw that, I'll still say today! Had a lot of activities. Tiring day. Tried to wake up at 5 AM but it didn't work, so I got up at 7. At 9 AM I went to Brandon Park to buy some food, I had like a time limit of 1 hour, since I came back straight away at 10:30 so that I could walk over to Raine's place by 11. My first time to Raine's room! (Since last time I was at the South East Flats for group work I just hung at Morgane's room all the time) Raine is... as messy as me actually. We're a bit messier then normal in terms of messy girls (I know Amanda insists her room is messy but it doesn't hold anything compared to mine or Raine's room...)

Alex drove us to Albert Park for his BBQ! Problem no. 1. The BBQ pit we wanted was taken, so we got another one further up with no shade. Alex then left us alone (me, Raine, Bernie and Hiromi I think it was...) while he went to get more friends. We clumsily began to BBQ things but it didn't go to well. During that time, Raine and Bernie's phone went off continously as Vu, Drue, Chris(TOPHER) and his friend (the Iron Chef guy I dubbed him) had trouble finding their way. Aaron soon came after. Yeah, the three mentioned before eventually found the place, it was kind of funny how the BBQ was basically these few members of MCAC in the beginning. Alex came back, a few people I dunno came along here and there and the meat wouldn't cook. Alex invited like people from 4 different organsations he's affiliated with, that is, MCAC (the anime club), the Japanese club, MUISS, Church friends and random people/friends of friends.

I BBQ-ed stuff for the first time in my life! Didn't know what I was doing, and the electric BBQ thingy sucked. Didn't like standing in the sun either or there for hours. It was goddamn cold. The weather looked good but the wind ruined it all. Vu was once again suckered into BBQ-ing. Drue burned himself quite a bit and was the taste tester, eating so much random crap we cooked up. Uhh... so yeah. People were hungry since it was like past 2 and things didn't really cook very fast. Increasingly more people came also. Around 3-ish Amanda, Sharon, Stan, V and Tsan came, and the MCAC group ran off. We wanted to see the opening of a new shop in the city called OzAnimeMart. I think we wanted to try to get them as sponsors. Since the club is so damn poor. Chris had already gone to the shop (and got some nice free posters) and mentioned sponsorship, but we decided to come to introduce Vu (the president) and Raine (our vice-president a.k.a. the shadow king).

Amanda and company were gonig to St. Kilda so I agreed to meet with them there after checking out this new store in the city. The store was small, and was like on the 7th floor of a building. So it was pretty out of sight. They'll probably need promotion as only people who know it is there will go there. So points for us I think? I saw a poster there I thought Amanda would like so I bought it for her as a present. Aaron bought some stuff also. We then went to Minotaur after just for the hell of it. I left eventually to meet up with Amanda and co.

Our timing was great! By the time Amanda and co. went to board the tram to St. Kilda, it was the same one I was on. So we found eachother on the tram. At St. Kilda we ran into Alex and his friends (from the Japanese club I think). We froze our asses off and took lots of photos. We then ran off for Jia Chee's bday celebration in Caulfield.

At the Chinese restaurant, we were in our own room and ordered a bit of food. There wasn't really much for 11 people, but most of us was full from the BBQ. And there was a party back at the Halls full of junk food also. We had... me, Amanda, Jia Chee of course, V, Tsan, Mun Jone, Sharon, Stan, Jonathan, Jay and Syahir. We ate, took lots of photos and people... danced in the room, lol. I was kind of sleepy by this time after everything that happened today. I mean I BBQed and stood there for like 2 hours or so, walked around everywhere and froze to death. Took the 9:58 PM bus back to the Halls, where we RAN back from the bus loop. Amanda and Sharon wanted to get ahead to warn everyone else back at the Halls that Jia Chee was coming and we need to surprise! So yeah, there was a lovely cake and lots of food.

We hung at many different people's rooms during the time. Like Amanda, Sharon and Izzati's. Anyway I was really drowsy by this time (it's like 12 AM!) so off I went back to the Halls. It's 1 AM now, just waiting for my hair to be a bit dryer then off to sleep.

Paintball with GFN tomorrow. Ahahaha~ bewarned V .. and others. I will.. try to get you. :P No, my ankle isn't 100% yet but I did manage to run today out of the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment