Wednesday 22 August 2007

The tiredness continues day 2.

I just spent like 3 hours making my first batch of kek batik (aka batik cake). And dinner (pasta bake with corn, carrots, peas, broccolis, mushrooms and ham) I hope... it is edible. I'll find out tomorrow (me and my friends that is, who I will feed it to first). Let's get down to my day first.

Woke up at 5 AM to continue doing my 3 day take home test for EIL. I couldn't finish it and although I had an extension, I'm a nerd and I have pride. I kind of wanted to get through uni without ever using extensions. And I did manage to finish it (like 10 minutes before 5 PM, the deadline). Anyway, went for placement at around 8:15 AM as usual. It was "wacky wednesday" at the primary school but I was really disappointed. The only people who were really wacky was the other student teachers such as myself, and a few of the students (although students still had to wear their uniform, some broke the rule though). All the other teachers came as normal almost. Cept for a few. Boring!

Placement was pretty boring. I managed to get done the POINT of going to the school to begin with. The information I needed to write my 40% assignment. It was like an emergency thing though. Because we wanted to do something else but the teacher changed his mind so we panicked and just quickly whipped something up. Oh well, at least now for the remainder of my placement (1 and a half days) I can just mess around, enjoy my last time at Brandon Park Primary School. Next year I'll have to finally head to a secondary school to teach/observe. And I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT. Unlike Brunei I've learnt, the secondary schools are pretty scary in Australia (although it depends which school). I hope I don't end up crying and running home from the school. I've heard stories of like the students dripping their saliva all over the door knob for teachers to open and what not. And of course, the violence. I don't want a chair or table thrown at me, kthx. I'll be like a little 19 year old Asian girl next year. I hope I don't get beat up.

I wanted to get home from placement ASAP to quickly email my test in (as the deadline was 5 PM). But I couldn't hitch a ride with Jenna and I thought I wouldn't be able to make it. But luckily! Effie showed me an alternative bus to get back to Monash, and I arrived like at 4:10 PM. Yes! Thank you Effie, even though you won't read this and I won't see you again for who knows how long (since I only know her since we go to the same primary school for placement, but her lectures and tutorials in Education are different from mine).

So I made some last minute changes to my test, sent it in. And then the horror of cooking begins. I ran back and forth between my room and the kitchen (DAMMIT why must it be so far away from each other?!). Got all the ingredients I needed for the cake. And my pasta bake. I spent forever doing the cake, and I thought I screwed up cause it didn't go right at first. But it looks okay now. My neighbor, Jessica, who was also downstairs cooking dinner looked a bit skeptical at what I was doing. Actually, everyone around me (including the other people I live with) saw me and I probably looked like some freak. I mean, here I was... FRYING CHOCOLATE. Hahaha. I wasn't frying it. I was cooking it with a pan. That's how you do it. You don't bake it.

Anyway, now I have to continue work again. I skipped my lecture for English Literature on the novel, the Wheel of Time. And tomorrow is my tutorial for it. And I haven't even read past page 14 yet (it's around 200 pages). Haha, I am so dead. I need to get at least halfway through so I vaguely know what everyone will talk about tomorrow in class.

I've been messing around for the past 6 weeks. I really really hope my grades don't suffer from all of this. Although I feel a lot happier now compared to semester one.

No comments:

Post a Comment