Friday 17 August 2007

Placement.

Woke up at around 7 AM for my placement at Brandon Park Primary School. Me and Debbie left at around 8:20-ish. There was a bit of confusion once I got there. A case of miscommunication. I was told at first to go to my old supervising teacher who was shocked to have us since she said she got no call about us. Then I said we were supposed to go to another teacher. And yeah, after a bit of rearranging I got to a grade 5/6 class with Mr. Crozier. It was pretty boring there anyway. The students just had camp, so everything was pretty relaxing and nothing was done at all if you ask me. I had to leave halfway to make it for my media studies lecture and tutorial (which I have a presentation for) but before I left Mr. Crozier told me and Debbie to think about doing a 45 minute lesson. So I need to think of a lesson plan for a grade 5/6 that we can both do. This makes me a bit nervous cause you know... even though I do "Education" we don't actually learn how to teach. Haha. Yeah and me and Debbie are complete opposites (although we sort of compliment eachother also). Since my math is atrocious and is at like primary school level now, and Debbie's English/spelling is terrible also.

Took the bus back to Monash. Lecture was dull, the subject today was about fans of popular culture. Something we can all relate to. Then we saw this documentary about Trekkies (the Star Trek fans). It was rather... interesting. If not a bit apalling. My presentation was on fans also. I was doing gaming fans (while my other group members did music fans and sports fans). I like shoved up this South Park clip (the WoW episode) which left a positive impression I hope.

Got home at around 5:15-ish. Was exhausted. I like slept for an hour at 8 PM. Hung at Ieja's room with Izzati in there as well for like an hour or two. Might just go to sleep now. I'm so bored. Although I really need to start that assignment I have that is due like on.. monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment