Sunday 12 August 2007

Multicultural Night.

The multicultural night was a blast. I guess I'll say what I've been doing the past few days. On Thursday night, me, Ieja and Izzati painfully dragged ourselves all the way to the Townhouse (in the rain). I stayed over and went to class Friday morning. I pretty much spent most of Friday worrying about how I was gonna get ready for the ball because I needed to go to a tutorial at 4 PM, not because I wanted to attend the tutorial, but because I needed to find a group member that I'm supposed to work with for a presentation next week. I don't know her face, number of email so I needed to get that first so I can contact her later. Unfortunately this meant that I wouldn't have much time after running back to the Townhouse to actually get ready.

So during my communications lecture, Jyotsna pretty much told me she doesn't think half an hour is gonna cut it (to get ready). And thanks to the help of Nora, I wrote a note for the person I was looking for and passed the message onto Nora (who is also in my tutorial). Hopefully it got to her (although she hasn't emailed me at all, so I'm getting pretty worried. I'll probably email my tutor Sunday night to ask her what to do).

After that, I had like an hour and half to get ready so I was pretty happy. Everyone was busy in the Townhouse when I got to the place. Since I have no idea what to do with my hair or makeup, Izzati and Ieja did it all for me.


Getting ready in the toilet

And after that, we spent a while in the house thinking about how we were gonna get to Clayton campus with our shoes (it's around a 20 minute walk). When we went outside the wind destroyed everyone's hair, and we decided to take the bus.


Waiting for the bus

Nabila had a date for Multicultural Night so while we took the bus to get to Brighton (the venue of the ball) she got a ride. Then we sat down at our table and... ate random things and what not. And took lots of pictures.


Our group~ <3>

And the night started. The food at the ball was a 3 course meal, so the first course was soup! Extremely odd soup. It was like eating pure spaghetti sauce. Luckily we had some bread left over that we didn't eat yet so we dipped the bread into the soup. I didn't even finish mine.


Spaghetti sauce soup....

Then we had entertainment. Uhh... I forgot to mention that the theme of this ball was 1001 Nights, an Arabian related theme. So the first show were these scantily clad belly dancers. They were like... incredibly hot people. The men were lucky I guess to be there. Heh.


She's so thin.. O.O

After that we had our main course. It was either chicken or lamb. I had chicken (since I don't really like lamb) and the food was pretty good. If not a bit bland.


Chicken or...


Lamb?

So yeah, after that we had more entertainment. An Aussie guy who could like bend his body like some human rubber man and a game, where random people had to make up whatever dance they could think of on the spot to music played (which supposedly follows a nationalistic theme).


Go rubber man!

Anyway, we also took some pictures in the hall between all of the stuff happening above. Mitze came to our table a few times so we couldn't help but run outside for photos.


Full body picture of all of our dresses! We look... so rich...


Attempts to be models? Hahaha.

After the games which led to much dancing, we had some time to calm down for desert. Which was from what I could see, basically chocolate cream, lol. And a strawberry and stale cookie thing. The cooking thing with chocolate cream was nice but after I ate that it was weird eating the chocolate. Oh and it had some spicy-jam-like sauce on it also.


Dessert!

Anyway after that, we spent quite a while dancing. But the bus that left for the after party at Seven Nights Club was at 11:20, the ball ended at 11:30 anyway so a number of us went to board the bus for more partying.

At Seven Nights Club~

I think we stayed at the club until around... 2:00-ish. Wasn't too late but the club wasn't that great. It was an Asian club basically, but it was really crowded and the DJ wasn't that good. So we took 2 cabs home (there was six of us, me, Nabila, Izzati, Ieja, Aya and Zaphril who came along with us at the club). It was like $50 for a cab.

Anyway, we made some new friends at the ball and it was all pretty awesome. I'm glad I went. Even though now I'm like... penniless (I mean after the $50 ticket, all these transport costs came along). Gotta save up on food costs and stuff I guess. I still have a lot of money I should save for some upcoming events (Paintball, trips, trips and more trips).

After getting home and talking for a bit, we finally went to sleep around... 4:00 AM. We woke up at around 12:00 PM and went to Clayton road shops (except for Izzati who stayed behind because she had other plans). I brought my share of veggies, meat and stuff for the week so I have something to cook and eat and went back home. And what did I find? Well, after Ieja came to my room to use my internet since hers didn't work, I suddenly realised that I left my books at the Townhouse. So I spent over an hour walking ALL THE WAY from the Halls to the Townhouse. I was tired already and this just killed me.

I spent a while on this post so now I have to do what I didn't do the past few days which is my Media Studies assignment for Wednesday. I also still have the presentation for next Thursday and Friday but I'll get that done like... the night before or something. I hope my grades don't like drop cause I've been messing around a lot more this semester so far compared to my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment