Monday 13 August 2007

As the work starts tumbling in.

I have so many things to do right now I don't want to do any of it anymore. My lecture was canceled today since this week is presentation week for EIL (English as an International Language, a.k.a. ESL). So I went to uni at around 11 AM to meet my group members for the presentation this week also for Media Studies. After that I went to eat lunch and sat around reading my English Literature book for the week, Narnia! At least I finished it. Then at 2 PM I went to look for Raine at the MUISS lounge so we can discuss our presentation for EIL.

The work with Raine is a bit confusing but hopefully I can get it done on top of everything else. Then we started talking about the MCAC committee elections. I'm running for Secratary. I didn't realise I had to prepare speeches and stuff to convince people to vote for me. I currently have one other competitor for this position. So, I'll try my best. Public speaking isn't really one of my better points though. And I don't have skills... in general. Heh.

After that at 5 PM I went to the GFN (Global Friendship Night) at the Campus Centre. I'm a volunteer there so I have to come a bit early and stuff. To help move around furniture and set up. And talk to random people so they don't feel awkward or lonely. I'm probably the most awkward person of all, but since Mitze was like telling me to go to others I did that. Well, it was pretty good. Made some new friends. Who were inspired by me apparently to also go and volunteer for GFN? Haha.

Syahir showed me the videos he took of the inter-varsity dance competition at the Campus Centre on Friday (when I was off at the Multicultural night). Swing is so cool! I wanna learn it. I'm gonna learn it next semester. It's like $45 for a semester apparently at Monash so I can afford that. Uhh... yeah. I spent most of the GFN talking to Syahir, Izzati, HL, Amanda and other random people.

Anyway, assignment time! I better finish it. I was gonna do it tomorrow but I now have to do the presentation with Raine tomorrow instead or I might have to endure her... wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment