Tuesday 28 August 2007

The last day of primary school placement!

Oh yay, placement is complete! So I worked on the class last night I was SUPPOSED to do today. But I didn't. Turns out the teacher made a mistake and the special event today in the school ran for the whole day. So yeah, yesterday was a waste. Oh well. The teacher was pretty guilty over it, kept apologizing and thinking of solutions like making the kids stay in for lunch to do it (which I didn't like, since I doubt any kid would concentrate during lunch). Yeah, something happened at the school today called "Hollywood Magic". Where they have like 3 workshops where they animate something, do a radio show and do a short film of themselves (I thought this was excellent). I pretty much spent the entire day just staring at them. Wasn't really a good day for me to come, but who cares. Came for the sake of coming. Least it was rather entertaining.

Only photo I got. Proof that I was there? Bye Brandon Park~

Got home at around 4:30 PM, made dinner (lasagna and boiled veggies). Ate dinner with Rachel. Saw Ieja and Izzati for like 30 seconds before they started yelling and running away towards the security shuttle bus to go to the library. Did not do anything else. Anyway, now to work on the Mt. Buller part of the post!

So yeah, the trip to Mt. Buller. Like I said earlier, the bus left at 6:30 AM. And we had a nice long 3 hour trip to Mt. Buller.
I'm somewhere in the back... it was pretty noisy.

Most of the time was spent doing nothing. Just people eating (you could find all kinds of food on the bus, biscuits, cookies, chocolate, chips, peanuts, dried prunes) and sleeping. And then we had a stop somewhere and we played a game run by Han Lin. And a lot of weird things happened I don't even remember. Just some really graphic discussions about V's preference to horses. And yeah. And Winston attempted to try a game where we had to sing national anthems? But in the end it was still just him by himself singing the Malaysian one incorrectly. Anyway, made the bus ride more interesting.

So we got to Mt. Buller around 10 AM-ish and waited around.Waiting around... you can see my head on the left. XD

Then we took a group picture which I really like. So here's a smaller version of it below.

Awesome group photo!

I got separated from the main group soon after, not that it really mattered. We took another bus to get to the place where everyone actually skis (The Village, where all the food and shops are too). The area we arrived in had the tobogganing but we were gonna do that in the end, which we didn't but yeah. I took a while with Amanda pondering on whether to fork over the money for skiing. Seeing that it was only for $34 without the lifts we decided to try being there already.

I'm wearing the light and dark blue jacket with striped trousers on the left. This is the part as I spend forever attempting to at least get the skis on my feet without falling.


Oh yay! I actually got the skis on. O.O

My skiing experience was me trying to get the skiis on, move a bit and go as far as possible without falling. But since I get scared when I move anywhere at a slightly quicker pace I purposely always made myself fall. It was rather fun though to have yourself rolling in the snow. So yeah, in between all of this we took lots of pictures. During the time I was with Amanda, V, Jie Yen (sorry if I spell it wrong) and co. most of the time. Izzati came by sometimes looking really cool on her snowboard. V helped teach us how to ski. And Jie Khai and everyone else pretty much helped me and each other from sliding down the hill while attempting to just move or get the skis on. So yeah, random pictures below.


Me, Amanda and Jie Yen.


Group photo! V, me, Jonathan, Jie Khai, Yi Mei, YinYin, Jie Yen, Amanda and Lisa!

Liked this photo. Amanda, me and Izzati.


Liked this photo too. A snowboard really suits Izzati, haha. It looks really cool.

Anyway, after a few hours the group of us who were further downhill (the snowboarders were a bit higher) dragged ourselves up to them. We eventually out of boredom had a snowball fight. And stuff. Just sat around talking. Then we began to make a snowman.

Making the snowman~

After we made the snowman, we all obsessively began taking photos of it like crazy. Cause it's just so awesome and cute. It should be the GFN mascot. Heh.

Photo of us taking photos. Haha.

The snowman! With V's hat, YinYin's sunglasses and my scarf.

And yeah, we posed like numerous times with the snowman. I liked how the photos below have like increasingly more people as more and more people started dragging themselves to take a picture with the snowman.

Just cute~

Really cute photo also~

And Zaffril, Izzati, Jie Khai and even more come by~


And we manage to convince Jonathan to come. And Winston manages to drag himself up the hill still stuck to the snowboard (I thought that was funny, lol).

After that, we took our stuff back and the snowman was bare again. And out of nowhere the snowman gets an offspring like immediately. I still don't know who made the baby snowman (or the snowman isn't a man? A snowwoman!)


Snowman with new baby

Then we killed the snowman. I took a video of it. V squished the poor thing in the end. *sniffs* RIP snowman.

After that, we spent another hour or so trying to ski again and stuff. Finally around 4 AM we were tired and made our way down. Returned the equipment and ate at Subway. We were starving because we all didn't eat lunch (we got to Mt. Buller past 10 and just skied or snowboarded until 4).


Foood~

Then it was the 3 hour bus trip back again. By this time, it was night, we were tired and the back of the bus which was so loud and noisy on the way just died. Most of us slept (while the front of the bus, with non-skiers were fairly active and talking at least).


Sleepy~ I did sleep on the bus but in this picture I was faking sleep, lol.

On the way back, we stopped by Maccas for dinner. Although I still had my Subway sandwich so I just ate that rather then McDonald's. Towards the end we just talked and stuff and everyone was accusing me of being an alcohol smuggler. T__T

And this ends the Mt. Buller post. It was a great trip, I wanna go again. Or going anywhere with this group is nice. Lots of fun. I wanna try Paintball now (and probably get my ass kicked but whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment