Thursday 30 August 2007

Even more presentations!

Woke up at like 5 AM (didn't actually get out of bed until 6) to finish off my presentation for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That and finish reading the book. It was pretty amusing, in the end, the presentation, whatever I wrote I didn't use. I just mumbled and blabbed whatever I felt like out. I'm surprised anyone in my tutorial understood me, but apparently my tutor did at least. So I managed to get some discussion going (the presentations aren't really formal presentations per se, it just means you say crap to get people's minds going so we can have a better discussion). And my tutorial is especially more active compared to others, so I didn't have to do much (everyone is dying to talk anyway).

My English Lit tutorial is active but I always feel so uncomfortable in there. And why wouldn't I considering the tutorial is made up of nothing but Australians, and then they always go into theories using Australian culture, western ideologies and politics and Christian imagery or stories from the Bible, all of which I don't know anything about. I'm only glad I have decent English and is somewhat experienced after all this time in literary analysis and critique or I'll reallllllly feel out-casted.

Ate lunch and had a certain... dance practice, no I'm not gonna say for what, with Raine, Drue and Terence. We talked about our costumes for MANIFEST. Guess we'll be going shopping together. I probably won't do anything, not bothered to spend the money. Probably will just wear my own clothes or the MCAC t-shirt (it should be out by then I think). It seems like more and more members are gonna cosplay for MANIFEST though. I think I'll just be the photographer rather then the participant. Heh.

Ate dinner with Rachel. Well, she had a BBQ but ate with me anyway. Debbie came by at around 8 AM and we talked about our presentation tomorrow to report our observations and analysis from placement. But we decided to take the free approach and come with no notes. I'll just say whatever crap I can think of and be happy with that. It's a not assessed informal presentation between groups of 5 or 6 people anyway. And past experience has shown now that having retarded speeches and notes in presentations are increasingly not working for me anymore. I should be happy though that I'm increasingly able to present stuff improvising right off the top. I guess uni does do some good even though I still say I haven't learnt anything factual or academic here (tutorials and lectures are pretty useless). I guess the only positive thing is that communications skills have increased by ten fold.

At like 10 PM Izzati messaged me to ask if I want to go to the Nott. (If you dunno what the Nott is, it's the nearby pub that everyone at the Halls goes to every Thursday night) I didn't really feel like it cause I kinda think the Nott is pretty boring for non-drinkers but then her and Ieja came into my room (and ate my food...) and I went anyway. So yeah, it was the three of us and Steven. And now it's 2:20 AM, I didn't do my presentation, I have class at 10 AM. Booo. Oh well. After hanging at the Nott, as dull as it was if you ask me, we hung at Ieja's room for a while. Anyway I guess I'll go sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment