Sunday 17 May 2009

Angels & Demons

This was supposed to be a day of study. But I am still struggling. I woke up and just read mostly. In the morning, Sha asked me whether I wanted to go watch Angels & Demons at night with Vu and co. So I was like... okay! Had lunch at 12:30 PM and near to 1 PM I went to uni to meet up with Lesley at the library. We sat around chatting and studying for around 2 hours (perhaps a bit less) before she had to go back to St. Albans. I went to pick out books and stuffs I need before heading back home. At home... I basically just sat around talking to people on MSN + the housemates. Before I left my room, I sort of promised to myself that I would not think of anything specific while at Chaddy. That I would enjoy my day and not think about whatever has been in my mind for countless times. I just want to live normally. But I don't know what is up with me and these past few days. I seem to be walking into a relapse again. I bit of soul searching might be needed here, eh?

At 6:40 PM Vu came by and we all laughed at his attempt to be cool with his hair. Sha was missing during this time. She was supposed to meet us at home, and normally Church finsihes at 6:30 PM for her. So we thought... oh, let's go and get her from Church instead! So off we went to Monash's Religious Centre. We got there and it was really quiet. Too quiet. There were no people around and we were confused. We went inside the Church but there were barely any people around. We continously phoned Sha the entire time and she never picked up her phone. So yeah... we were like... WTF-ing basically at the Religious Centre. Xin phoned Mei Xian at home to confirm that she wasn't actually at home. She then phoned Damian to confirm that she actually left the place. Apparently she was driven home. So we decided to go home again and then we finally got a call. Yay, Sha was at home, lol. Apparently she left her mobile in her room the entire time.

So off to Chaddy! Sha suggested eating Japanese food. So we were like... okay, go to Wagamama or Kintochi, as they are the ones near the cinema. Bernie-kun joined us for dinner, while Ly was joining us for the movies. Wagamama was too expensive so we went to Kintochi. Me, Xin and Joanne had udon, Vu and Bernie-kun had ramen and Sha had chicken curry don or something, lol. It was alright. The green tea tasted like seaweed water. Mine was rather plain but at least it wasn't so oily. Vu ordered like even more food after cause he eats too much, lol. Uhh... after that we went to the bubble tea place, I think everyone ordered fruity ice blendeds, Xin had her taro bubble tea and I had milo oreo ice blended, lol.

The actual movie! Xin read the book in high school. I never read Angels & Demons (I have Dan Brown's other three books though... I wasn't too fond of his writing). It was pretty interesting, and anything that leaves me on the edge of my seat is a job well done. Some scenes had us jumping up and down, yelling "Save him!!!" complete with prayers and stuff, lol. I think we are a pretty noisy bunch though. Oh, and I did not fall asleep through this movie! Which I am rather glad for, lol. After the movie, we rambled about what happened. Then we were gonna go for a midnight run to Maccas, but Chris wouldn't come. Nor would Bernie-chan. And Raine was half asleep already. So yeah... Vu was like, just go home. And we did. I went home, and went to sleep shortly after.

I blacked out pretty fast so there was no time for contemplation or whatever. I noticed that I had to surpress certain thoughts during my time at Chaddy. Putting effort into avoiding thinking of things is fine and all but I think this sort of action puts too much pressure on me (so I like to avoid doing that otherwise I'll just probably break again). But, at least... I had a good time. The most important part.

"Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression."

@Anonymous: Still think you're K-man, lol.
@Lesley: Heh, well I know that line quite well.
I understand it but... sometimes I wish the new doors would open without having to close too many of the old ones. Unless they are changes ultimately for the better. Perhaps it might be. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

oink said...

wooo someone else agrees with me that dan brown isn't that great an author. haha. my housemate literally was shocked when i told her i didn't enjoy reading angels and demons.

Anonymous said...

As I said before, Dan Brown's writing is meh... but Angels and Demons is the best out of the four. =P Considerably haha~ We need to do movies more often. It's like another therapeutic alternative besides shopping. =P Cheaper, I should say... which isn't cheap at all haha.

And ganbatte celiney. You're doing awesome. :) Keep it up.


xin

Post a Comment