Thursday 4 October 2007

Booo presentations... and houses....

Ahhhh, man. What a downer of a day.

What the hell did I do. I kind of don't remember. Bleh, got up at like 8 AM I think it was, skipped breakfast... went for lunch at 11 AM with MCAC (there was... Chris, Bernie, Sharon, Vu, Drue and Jason...). 12:30... tutorial for english lit. On book I didn't read. Didn't say anything, didn't do anything. I think I fell asleep for five minutes of the class. Didn't help that the tutor is like.. right next to me. So he knew I was doodling, eating chocolate and sleeping in the class.

Went back to "The Secret Hideout", Natalie and Drue were there. V suddenly called and then he called Tsan over to drive her back. Apparently he was gonna drive me, Jia Chee and Sharon (MUISS) to our house inspection. In the end they joined us for it, lol.

The agent was really late for the house inspection. The house was nice though, it was like... on the same road as that house Ieja, Aya and Nabila stayed in before they moved to the Townhouse/Halls.... but yeah, no furnishings. So boo. The house was around the same design as Ieja's place before, except it was all pink. It was nice though... a nice pink and HUGE ass girly house. All for only $420 per week. If only there was furniture... *sighs*.... I was getting a bit down about the housing, the amount of choices we have left are... too limited now. There's no way we'll be able to find a furnished household.

Sharon and me talked for a bit and yeah, I won't give up just yet. Phoned this lady about a rooming house. Where I rent the room and stuff. Not the house. Sharon was worried about the lack of a contract though. And I didn't realise it myself. Forgot that no contract means that we're at the mercy of the landlord. And landlords loooove to take advantage of the insecure students who don't want to risk being thrown out and homeless. But yeah, inspection on Saturday. Let's hope this goes well. But everyone I know who has or is at a rooming house isn't having a good experience with it. Cause the landlord is always trying to fuck everyone up.

Running out of choices. Stress, stress, stress.

Went home. Made dinner (out of random stuff I still have...). Then worked on Education presentation. I struggled with it since I like... wasn't really there at the Melbourne show much. At 10, I went over to Debbie's place since I was getting worried it would be too late to discuss with her. And I ran out of things to type. So we both discussed in my room over what we were generally gonna do tomorrow. Once again, we have a messy unplanned plan. But our presentations are always like this and they always go well!

Heh, I'm generally alone and isolated in all my classes (with the exception of EIL, all my other classes I'm normally the only international student.. cept for media also actually...), I'm pretty lucky to have gotten Debbie as me partner. XD We work fairly well together, despite that fact that we're both like completely different people. I mean I'm like some random Chinese, International student who lives.. well not in a city but a generally urbanised area. And Debbie's a local Australian who grew up on farm land. Tomorrow's our last collaboration together, hope it goes well. No idea whether we will still be partners next year.....

Drue asked me to maccas again but I'll probably take another rain check. I wanna sleep soon....

Oh right, I forgot to say. Last night was funny. The fire alarm went off at like past midnight, and for the first time ever I like... just didn't go, lol. Wasn't bothered. I was telling Chris on msn how I would tell him my last words to my family if there really was a fire. I was expecting my luck to be so bad, you know, like the only time I don't go is the only time there is fire. Seemed like another false alarm though.

No comments:

Post a Comment