Sunday 16 September 2007

Manifest Day Two

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!%$#@%##%$@#%$!!%#%$#!!

What a horrible start to a morning. I was supposed to meet Raine and Nazri at the bus loop at 7:20 so we could get to Melbourne University at 9:00 for dance practice. Guess what happened? Raine phoned me and woke me up.

Raine: ... Celine, where are you?
Me: .. huh... w-what...?

*looks at the time*

It's 7:20. It's the first time ever I overslept. *sobs* I panicked. Raine told me there was another bus 30 minutes later or that Alex could pick me up a bit later. But I changed right away, packed my bag and didn't do anything else, just ran out the door and took the bus 30 minutes later. Considering it takes me like 20 minutes to walk to the bus loop, I think I did pretty good in waking up in 10 minutes. It was a horrible start to a long day though. While I was running to the bus loop, it started raining also. Stupid rain.

So from a pleasant morning train ride with Raine and Nazri, I ended up riding public transport by myself. Even worse, the train that was supposed to come at 8:06 AM didn't come! Bleh, it was 15 minuntes late. In the end, I arrived around 9:15-ish, which was pretty good considering I took a bus half an hour later. Raine, Chris, Drue, Damien and Nazri were already there.

Dance practice was the usual. Drue and Chris eventually changed into their cross dressing costumes. Nazri looked good in his Shiba stuff. And so did Damien in his Hei costume. Terence and Owen eventually came along. We were practicing in this conference building at Melbourne University. It was HILARIOUS. I mean, there is some conference going on with everyone all formal in suits, or high school kids walking about in their upper class looking uniforms and what do they see on the ground floor? Two cross dressing men and other weirdos in funny costumes/clothing.

We spent the morning just preparing for the dance competition. They changed locations for it, to a hall that no one knew where it was. The dance competition.. was.. interesting. We lost, but Jason, our spy sitting near the judges said the judges mentioned that we were nice. But our weird cosplays made it strange? Although first and second place were good (guessing we were like third but that isn't mentioned). First was the Deakin people though, a some of us grew dislike for the Deakin guy. There was this HUGE fat guy dressed up as Haruhi doing the dance also. It was funny but scary at the same time.

After the dance comp. we took some pictures and returned outside for the giant Hare Hare Yukai dance. Umm... hung about as all the Bleach cosplayers began to gather for their skit, and for a HUUGE Bleach cosplay picture. Then the giant dance... well it was interesting. Everyone spent some time yelling at the large crowd of people around us to join in. Then Yoshi got spotted (not exactly hard to see) and everyone started chanting "Yoshi! Yoshi! Yoshi! Yoshi!" and the poor girl had to join in.

After Hare Hare Yukai, well some photos were taken and stuff. Then the line for the cosplay competition began. I decided to stand in line this time, so we could actually be in the cosplay competition room, rather then a shitty feed, especially with how Nazri, Sharon, Casini and Lee have their Bleach skit. Waited one a half hours. Bernie bought me some food (which I haven't paid her back for yet...). Random things happened like this guy would sing or dance for Pocky. Chris, Jason and Drue eventually came along also and we all got into the cosplay competition room. The seats were still too shitty though. Maybe I should of chosen closer seats. Although most of the good seats were taken by the actual cosplay competition contestants.

I enjoyed today's cosplay competitoin. Maybe because I was in the actual room? The Bleach skit was pretty good. Other group skits I liked was a Code Geass one and a One Piece (everyone with their awesome costumes...). Then another awesome Kingdom Hearts skit came on (although I still liked yesterday's waaay better, I wish I have the videos for these Kingdom Heart skits...). Highlights of today's competition? Well remember the Totoro cosplayer from yesterday? Normally you can't enter the competition for both days but the Tororo came again. But he wasn't Tororo, he was Totoroth! It was the most epic win of a costume ever. Tororo was cosplaying as Sephiroth. Everyone laughed their heads off at this.

After this, we went to the traders room again. It was past 4 PM already so most of the good stuff was already gone. Bernie eventually went home, so did Nazri and Jason. Got seperated from Nat and Max also. In the end I was with Sharon, we ran into Chris for a bit but he want to the Iron Chef judging. I went to buy chocolate marshmellows and candy floss (mmm... sugar) then me and Sharon went to the Iron chef also after she changed. The entries were pretty good. The entries needed those Naruto manga scans, and some people came up with ingenious ideas to integrate it in. My favourites was one guy who made the AMV out of nothing but the scans, and another where she placed some parts of the anime onto the scan (making it look somewhat natural). It was pretty funny. Everyone else either shoved it in the beginning or the end, or used some special effects.

After Iron Chef, met up with Amanda. Uhhh... Raine suddenly needed to return home because she fell ill, so Alex drove her back. I was contemplating whether to hitch a ride with Alex, but we haven't had dinner yet and I have no food in my room. So we stayed behind. Me, Sharon and Amanda went to China Town to eat dumplings. Drue joined us for a short while (came just to see us) although he didn't eat. Didn't see Chris in the end who went to eat with other friends.

And yeah, we went back home. Mistake! For not going back with Raine and Alex. Didn't realise that the bus ends early on a Sunday. Me and Amanda had no bus home at Huntingdale Station. And it was freezing cold. It was even worse then yesterday! There were other ranodm people in our predicament too. In the end we phoned a taxi and shared it with this other girl (who was a stranger) to reduce taxi cost. Although everyone had no change and I ended up paying for all of the taxi. T.T The girl gave me like $3 and a 2-hour metcard (should be paying $4). Ah well. The taxi driver tried to rip us off also. I clearly said "Monash University" and he drove way past it. In the end we got off a bit farther from the uni since he couldn't turn so easily without going down another road (and throwing another $10 onto the taxi). Bleh. It was a long and cold walk with Amanda. It even started raining... like this morning. The rain is laughing at me!

Anyway, this ends my eventful weekend and my first anime con. Heh. Next year, I will cosplay! And take part in more competitions. It's more boring if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment