Friday 14 September 2007

Amaranth

Amaranth was pretty good. I don't have anywhere near enough time to blog with pictures, but may as well say what happened. It was a Thursday so I went for my usual class then lunch/dance practice with a few MCAC-ers. We've gotten a lot better now. That was our last practice, people still screw up occasionally (including me) so I hope things will go well. Then I went to my final class then ran back home to get ready for Amaranth.

Makeup, hair and stuff was kind of a disaster but oh well. Yeah, dragged myself to the bus loop to get the bus with everyone else. Jasmine reappeared again! I didn't see her since the winter marathon. She was looking good. Raine was just beyond cute. And the guys... wore suits and stuff like usual, lol. Yeah, it was nice seeing everyone dressed up. So yeah, travelled to Flinders with Raine, Jasmine, Lee, Nazri and Owen. Met up with Drue and Chris at Flinders where we took the tram down. My heels killed me having to walk in it at the city.

Amaranth itself was... really different. Quoting Jasmine, it was a night where we associated with people who would not.. normally associate with. Firstly, it made me really want to cosplay. I wish I did now. Manifest will probably make it worse. Just cause you know... to normal people you're probably some freak, dressing up with costumes and wigs. At Amaranth and Manifest, looking normal is so boring no one gives a crap about ya. I'm gonna go home during December and sew a costume myself!

Jules and Casini (who thought Amaranth was on Saturday) unfortunately didn't come to Amaranth despite paying. So we had two empty seats at the table. We also had a stranger there, and we were really wondering who it was. We figured it was a female from the name 'Michelle' but... OMFG, when she.. or uhh... he.. it.. walked up to us we were all like...

Us: O_____________________________O

Yeah, our stranger on the table was this huge western man (like over 6 feet) cross dressing in this large dress and has hair reaching his waist. Now, we are all pretty accepting people when it comes to cross dressing (heck, Chris is cross dressing and he's one of our closest friends), we're MCAC afterall, we're like made up of people with weirder hobbies from societies norms, but even this guy was a bit.. too.. hardcore for us.

The food was... pretty shitty if you ask me. Entree was this bread and sauce. Main meal was chicken with pretty shitty sauce (OMFG Nazri's was terrible... I feel bad for him, he had the vegetarian meal cause Amaranth doesn't have halal meat) and dessert was okay with the cake although it made you sick after eating too much of it.

Entertainment was a mixed bag. The dancing was alright. Since I suck at dancing I generally just got pulled along by Raine, Jasmine and Drue. Drue was teaching me how to waltz at one point. Me and Chris have agreed now to take dancing classes next sem (although I was always going to after being inspired by Syahir like 6 weeks ago). As Jasmine put it, the ideas were good for this ball but the execution was poor. They didn't stick to the schedule. But it was a first try and I would say a pretty good one.

People's costumes were interesting. Some noteworthy ones I like were xxxHoLIC/TRC's Yuuko, Code Geass's Euphemia, KKM's Conrad and the Transformer guy! Yeah, Amaranth finished, Raine was going about trying to find whether there was an afterparty (it ended at 10!) but we just decided to go home in the end. I think some of the people in my group were disappointed without drinks (Amaranth was open to 16 year olds, thus no drinks). Drue disappeared while waiting for the train though (think he ran off somewhere in the city).

Dunno if I will go again next year. Didn't really thin it was worth $55. I mean costumes I can just go to Manifest to see. I might if Chris, Jasmine, Drue and co. are still going next year (sadly Raine won't be around....)

No comments:

Post a Comment