Tuesday 7 August 2007

A blog once again!

So I decided after... who knows how many years, to once again get a blog. This is more for myself then for anyone to read, as the title says, as I can't remember things that happen two weeks ago, so I thought I would blog it all down. Would be nice to read what I do years later. I should of did it in first semester but I didn't. Boo. There goes my first semester of my first year of uni. I'm not putting down anything really secret though, so I don't really care if anyone else reads.

So, let's have a rundown of where I am right now for anyone who doesn't know. I'm currently in Melbourne, Australia. I came here in February, I'm doing the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education degree at Monash University Clayton campus. The major I'm aiming for is English Literature, with a minor in English as an International Language (ESL). I'm also taking Media Studies right now but it's shit so I'll probably drop it next year. Oh, and right now my English Literature unit is on fantasy narratives, cause I didn't want to do the culture one. So I have to read and write on things like Narnia, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz and stuff. I know everyone tells me how fun that sounds but I still hate it. I mean, I really don't have time anymore to read a novel every single week. Which is what this unit requires. Especially when I don't want too. Anyhow, I currently live at the Halls of Residence, the dorms/hostel on-campus.

Anyhow, Liz came by yesterday. I showed her and her dad around the Clayton campus, and probably scared her on how huge it is and how far the Halls are. But Liz, if you read this, trust me. If you walk down those paths like 4 times a day you'll get used to it. When I first came I really wanted a bike but the walking now is just a short trot for me. But yeah, after coming to Clayton I kind of realise now that bigger campus IS NOT better. It's annoying having to run around here and there. I wanna go back to the absolutely tiny ISB. At least it doesn't take me ages to get to one point from another.

Didn't do much today. Just went for the lecture on The Hobbit. I was happy that I finally managed to finish it in the morning, I thought I wouldn't make it but turns out the last bunch of pages was the first chapter of LoTR. Anyway, I have no classes on Wednesday so I phoned up this guy on whether I could help with poster promotions on campus. And he said I could come in the morning. So yay~ for the first time in my life ever I'm actually gonna earn money? At least this way I don't feel so bad spending $50 on the ticket for the Multicultural Night (if you don't know, it's a ball basically on Friday night).

I cooked some carbonara today (I didn't make the sauce though) but maybe I should of added salt or something. Since it tasted so bland it was bad. Bleh. Maybe I'll try making it from scratch next time but I dunno what cream to buy. And I saw the fishie in Rachel's room. It's pretty cute, even though fish do nothing. And it turns out the fishie's that were in Debbie's room died so I was like... O.O.. fish die too fast.

And my Education placement is next week. Going back to the same Primary school except this time I'm with grade 5 and 6. Noooo! I don't think I can teach, mark or explain how to do their standard of Mathematics. I was already have trouble with grade 3 and 4! I guess a change of environment would be good but at least gimme the preps or something! Even worse is that me and my buddy, Debbie can't go there at the same time. Since our timetables don't match. First reaction I had was like "Shit! There goes my ride T___T". I have to bring out the bus schedule and figure out how to get there. Aww... man. Alone with grade 5 and 6's.

It's okay... this is like a test. I should be able to do this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment