Sunday 2 August 2009

The days when it just hurts...

I think in the morning I only slept a few hours. It was the first time for a long time that I didn't just drop off to sleep out of exhaustion. I was tossing, turning and generally uncomfortable. I recall crying, whacking myself against the wall (there's a pillow on the wall though so it doesn't hurt + plus I wouldn't wanna wake up Sha) and scrunching up like a mushroom on my bed. Hah. It was sort of sad really. What a crap night. If every night was like that I wouldn't want night to ever come again. But I hope that doesn't happen, cause you know... it was only through sleep that I felt most peaceful. I don't want that taken from me either.

The day was spent at home. I was supposed to go to Open Day with Leon, Sammi and Vu but everyone bailed (including myself). Although Tom and Jeremy phoned me in the afternoon wondering where we were. I just attempted to study for the day but it was minimal still. I did a bit of reading, but not enough that I'll get everything I need done by next week. Yeah, I'm in trouble. Yes, I'll find a way to stop this stupidity. Somehow. I can't concentrate. I know that. I'm glad that my work this sem isn't very academic, so that I don't need to focus as much as I have to. As my work is mostly research based, I'll just do something simple and within my interest. To save myself.

So I ate lunch with Sha at 1 PM-ish. Cooked pancakes using the pancake mix that Jia Chee left behind. Xin didn't come back from church so I assumed she was just lunch-ing with Jono. Around 10 AM-ish, I was supposed to be studying but I found myself napping in bed again. Or not napping, more like moping if you ask me. Bah. Yes, I am trying to mark down the number of times in a day I start moping cause I need to reduce that. I will probably snap soon if I keep on going like this. Afternoon was... I dunno, MSN + another nap (or not) and a bit of study. Dinner was near to 7 PM, with Sha, Xin and Valerie (Sha's friend). After dinner, Sha, me, Xin, Cas and Thomas were talking for ages. From a range of topics. It was an intense topic cause it was mostly about abuse and stuff.

Before dinner, I was chatting to Kailun. I think that for someone who has never been 'depressed' before (in the traditional sense) he knows his stuff. What was running through my mind was that he was right. But the thing is, I think I already realised all these things already. That's why I say to people "Celine is a lost cause. Ignore me. Leave me alone. If you don't, I'll probably hurt you one day anyway."

[b][c=#C40000][/c=#1A790F][/b] [a=11][c=13]-倫仔[/c][c=12][/c][/a] says:
Now celine.
people can only help you so much.
i think i know what the problem that you have.
It is Insecurity.
lack of belief.
somebody has broken your trust before
and you have never regained from it
am i right?

The reply I sort of got to a statement I often made. That I have fear that people will leave if I don't "get better" fast enough. If I don't be who you want Celine to be fast enough. Because... people have left me. When I thought they never would. So... how do I know no one else will? Was it wrong for me to trust and believe in someone when they said they would never leave? I think I was talking to Cas in the afternoon too. I dunno, I think I told her what I told Leon not too long ago also. I feel silly being 'sad' right now because there isn't really any reason. Like, my reason isn't a good enough of a reason. Everyone else has more reasons. But even if I think this something still feels wrong. And if it feels wrong it means there is a problem, right?

I guess the last few lines made even more sense.

[b][c=#C40000][/c=#1A790F][/b] [a=11][c=13]-倫仔[/c][c=12][/c][/a] says:
You think you can do everything by yourself.
The problems will go away if you try not to think about them
But it doesn't go away does it.
It comes back, this is why you feel depressed sometimes
but you push it away again.
YOU PUSH IT AWAY HARDER
YOU'RE THINKING
THIS TIME, I PUSHED IT SO HARD IT'S NOT GOING TO COME BACK
IT WON'T BOTHER ME.
but it did come back didn't it.
am i right?

Pretty good for someone I've never said a single thing too. But yeah, like I said. I know what's wrong. And I can't help myself. Case closed. I just feel like crap every single day. I tried to put everything to the back of my mind. I tried to ignore it all. I tried to tell myself "It's okay. I can do this. Everything is okay. I will move on."

But if I said I can't? Then what do I do? Emotions are so dumb. Why does missing someone have to hurt so much? Everyday I walk around, I feel like part of my soul is missing. I don't feel alive. But what can I do? There is nothing I can do. Everything is too late. Gone. Over. And I'm left behind here. Wondering what the hell I should do...

>> || ............. says:
Haha, to be hurt is to be alive.
People will get over things. No matter what.
And get hurt again. And get over that too.
[b][c=#C40000][/c=#1A790F][/b] [a=11][c=13]-倫仔[/c][c=12][/c][/a] says:
no celine.
you are wrong.
You can never magically get over things.
There is only one way you can.
However you must understand some things first.
Being hurt doesn't mean that you are alive.
being hurt means that you are dying

I dunno, just things for me to think about I guess...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

+20 Respect point Kailun.

Anonymous said...

To live is to suffer (buddhist here)

Also hurting doesn't mean your dying, unless you have cancer or something, that is just silly.

Hurt is a normal healthy emotion.

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Are you stupid? Hurt is never healthy. SO are you saying the more you are hurt, the more healthy you are. What bout me? If i am not hurt emotionally does it mean that i am not healthy? I think i am mentally healthier than you. Why? because i understand what hurt is, unless you are a sadist and like being hurt. I think you should re-evaluate your opinion. Sure being hurt is a part of life, it does not mean that you are healthy. Number 2. i like using metaphors. So please don't take it straight like terminal illness. - Kailun

Anonymous said...

when someone dies...you grieve...when you break up with someone...you grieve...grief is hurt...grief is normal, healthy, it's what allows you to get over it.

To conclude that I am saying you are not healthy if you aren't hurting is completely illogical. I just said it is a normal, natural part of life.

My apologies if you were insulted by my comment, it was just meant as a friendly criticism, as I don't agree with what you were claiming.

Also in this context I don't really see how dying from hurt could be classed as a metaphor, more likely it is hyperbole.

And yes of course many people who are hurting aren't healthy.

Also sorry pet peeve, sadism is when you enjoy inflicting pain, masochism is when you enjoy receiving pain.

Cassie

Anonymous said...

sorry, i'm not really into S or M, so i get them confused =S my bad.

metaphor, hyperbole, as long as it gets the point across.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it does

I don't understand the point.

Are you just trying to say hurt is bad?

I think by saying that you are invalidating her emotions. But that's just me

Goodbye and Good luck

Anonymous said...

(omg I still can't manage to post... i think blogspot hates me?)


"Being hurt", "to be hurt"... these don't mean that you are alive, but neither do they mean that you are dying. They just mean that you are receiving pain. /Registering/ that you are hurt--that's what shows that you are still feeling, still knowing, still alive. Think of the heart as a bag of flour. You know how this story goes: you buy a big heavy bag of flour from the faraway village, but when you hoist it up onto your shoulder, you don't realise that there is a hole at the bottom of the bag, and as you walk home the flour drizzles out from your bag.

That which you know to be broken, you can (and will) try to mend and restore, until you have something that you're happy with. If you realise that flour is leaking from your bag, you realise that the bag has a hole in it, and you will plug up the hole with whatever you can so that the loss is minimal. If you realise that you are hurt, you will seek the reason why you feel hurt, and you will try to resolve the issue so that you stop feeling hurt.

That which you do not acknowledge to be broken, will just lie in the place you and allow itself to be further corroded, until, far too late, the gaping hole forces itself into your consciousness. If you don't realise that the flour bag is flawed, you will walk on praising your stamina and health, for after half an hour the bag doesn't feel as heavy as it did at the start. And then when you get home and put it down, you realise too late what has happened. All you can do is turn around and see the remnants of fallen flour blown about by the wind, clutching what is left in your hands. Similarly, if you don't acknowledge that you are hurt, you will encourage the pain to grow and fester in your subconscious while you project a totally different facade. Until a day comes when the incongruence grows too great, and you are overwhelmed by the delayed hurt which is then even harder to heal.

Anonymous said...

(hmm maybe splitting the posts was the way to go. anyway..)

You know that you have been hurt and that you are hurting, and the realisation of that truth should be setting you on your path to recovery. Pretending that you are not hurt will not solve the problem, but neither would standing there and giving up on plugging up the hole. If you have no needle or tape at hand, try slipping a handkerchief through so that the hole is covered. If there is no handkerchief, see whether there are any shrubbery with large enough leaves around. Failing that, try to carry the bag in a different way. And so on.

We grow from our strength in overcoming difficulties. We all believe that you have that strength to walk out of the darkness that has shadowed you for the past semester. Celiney, it's time to patch up that hole, and do so with whatever resources you have at hand. Enough flour has fallen out, enough time of possible happiness has been passed by. Do you really want to continue the walk, ignoring the hole, and wasting your time as well as increasing the pain?

Waiting for you to truly smile again :)



-Raine

Post a Comment