Wednesday 1 July 2009

The Zoo Trip

The awaited Zoo Trip! Hehe. I got up around 8 AM and did the usual. I heated up the noodles in the morning to let them cool before taking a shower. Then me and Xin went off with all the food + two cakes. The noodles was rather heavy, thank goodness for Yi Xin. But she took it all on herself and carried everything when it was hurting her shoulder... she's like the perfect guy, seriously. Except that she isn't a guy. Meh, people need to carry things for her more often. T.T

Umm... yeah, we basically just bus-ed over and trained over while chatting about stuff. Xin looked really tired... I must take care of her better! She forgot her wallet at home, more like she couldn't find it (found it when we got home at night though). So I just leant her monies for the day. When we got to Flinders, everyone was there already. What happened there... uhh... we met the mystery friend of Leon. Heh, Josh is a friendly guy. I think Leon said earlier he was a shy guy but I don't see him being shy considering he was actively talking to all of us. LOL, the shy label comes with a lot of presumptions and it just reminded me that a person should never apply labels or presumptions on someone they have never met. It reminds me of my education classes where my tutors tells us that a big problem in schools is when you enter a new school, your fellow colleague can be like "Oh! You have THAT class. Ohohoho~ you're gonna have trouble now. Or that you have THAT BOY in your class, he's impossible to deal with" and stuff. These things are labels and they are a problem just cause a person will make up assumptions before meeting the class or person, and from the very beginning part of your judgement has already been formed. It can be undone but... a bit harder I suppose?

We just stood around. I was cold so Sammi + Linda and Kimmy were cuddling up and group hugging for warmth. Then we started jumping. And spinning. Yeah, we are totally sane. Like totally. We were waiting for neko-manda (Amanda T.) as she was running late. Me and Mel went to look for a fricken' Westpac ATM cause I needed more cash. We went around a WHOOLLLEE block cause we couldn't find one in Flinders. LOL WTF there was like ANZ AND COMMONWEALTH EVERYWHERE! I got the fail bank when I came here, didn't I? We finally found one and got back to Flinders to find out that Sam went to Minotaur but jay-walked and got booked (aka, caught and fined)! LOL, me and Mel were doing the same thing. Lucky we didn't get caught. Me and Xin went to buy a bit of brekky at Tower Sushi. Then neko-manda came so off we went onto another train to Royal Park station (next to the Zoo!).

Tickets were $18 for concession pretty much. Xin had no student card so boo... it had to be $24. I won't list out all the animals we saw cause there were too many. Just the funny stuff I can remember. Went in Loons wanted to see the water recycling plant. Yeah, I totally came to toe Zoo for that! We decided to walk in a group, although we had faster walkers and slower walkers (in the end we waited for each other though). Everyone snapped lots of photos. So many animals! I know Mel wanted to see monkeys, Leon wanted to see elephants and meerkats and uhh... who else. I am not sure. Haha.

Lunch was near to 1 PM. Everyone basically brought snacks almsot (cept for Andrew Kim who made some... rice... egg... sweet thingy and Loons brought... eggs. LOL) Sam brought cookies in his jar. That was cute. I dunno who brought what else. My noodles were a success. Okay, with the combination of everyone's efforts. Not my noodles. Considering how I like BAILED. But yeah, food was good. The cake efforts were hilarious. So, me, Mel and Xin attempt to like light up the cakes on the other side of the area we were eating at. But that side had the wind BLOWING RIGHT ONTO US. It was impossible basically. And my bag carrying like ruined the 100's and 1000's decorations I threw onto the cake. Tried to fix that up. In the end we were like FUCK THIS and attempted to light the cakes in front of the people involved. TOTALLY SUBTLE, weren't we? It was near impossible too, people had to get it lighted then blow it out straight away or it wasn't gonna work! The two cakes I made were eaten (HUGE SLICES) and no one wanted the store bought mudcake. The bdays was for Yih, James L. and Will! So three cakes. Ah well, it was all still good. Food was good, haha. We decided to pack up and leave as we didn't have that much time left to cover the rest of the zoo.

What else. The jacket thing! I wasn't cold for some reason at the zoo. Temp wise it wasn't THAT bad. It didn't rain too much at least (while we were eating only). So yeah, I was fine walking around in my red dress thing and a long sleeve jumper on the inside. I had like an extra jumper plus my monkey hoodie though. So the funny thing is that Leon wears a lot of layers but gives his jackets to other people. As Josh and neko-manda was like wearing his jackets he was actually cold so I gave him my hoodie. I just find it funny that you have all these coats and you end up wearing someone else's cause you gave em' away. Haha. Would be funny if I like took someone else's jumper but I wasn't cold luckily. :3 :3

So off we went after lunch. Random things I remember. Umm... two baby orangutans reminded me of Kimmy and Alan. Way cute. I was dying in the butterfly house because it was too hot in there. So I had to run for it. Elephants are cool. I am sad there were no sloths at the zoo? Leon said he would point them out to me once cause I didn't know what a sloth was. BOO. We stopped momentarily at this... japanese garden or something. LOL. Our group split ways momomentarily when some of us went to look at meerkats + found a wishing well. I threw in two coins and made two wishes. May they come true! One of them did but the other one probably never will. A girl can wish, right? Long as I don't hang onto dreams and the impossible I'll be fine...

After this, we sat around in a cafe place. I took a group photo! And I had to go back for dinner as Cas and Jia Chee were cooking tonight! Home made wanton!! So me, Xin and Yih left but uhh... got called back cause I left my hoodie with Leon and forgot all about it, lol. We didn't get too far and everyone joined to leave with us. We went to the animal shop momentarily to play with the dolls. The plush toys were cute but... expensive. @.@ Anyway, I bought churros to bring home at Flinders Street station. I think I said BYEEE to the group like... several times before I actually left! I missed the train, lol. Couldn't help it!!!

Dinnner was good. We were gonna have movie night tongiht! Cas and Mas went to look for the cable to connect a laptop to a TV but couldn't find one. I should of did it but I failed. Due to my busyness and laziness. Cas and Jia Chee made wonton noodle soup which was really good. Home made wontons that they spent all afternoon doing!! It was mushroom and spinach, so Thomas could eat it (as Cas is vegetarian and Thomas is vegan). Thomas made um... cranberry crumble for dessert! It was way good. We ate it with soymilk ice cream. Which was really good too (for ice cream without dairy). And then off to movie night! We had to watch off a laptop unfortunately. Cas sweeped and cleaned up the floor upstairs so I brought my matress out and shoved it onto the floor. So three of us sat on my matress while Xin and JC sat on the couch. I was cold so I had like a pillow and my blanket around me during the duration of movie watching. We had a bunch of snacks and stuff and coke!! Haha, a load of fun. Sea weed snack is <3.

Movies we watched was Forrest Gump, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (I slept through this movie), Lord of the Flies, Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down (SHOOOT US FOR WATCHING THIS CRAP). Commentary on the movies is tomorrow's entry I think, haha.

3 comments:

miracle said...

*huggles* Thanks celiney. :) Don't worry, u're already taking good care of me haha~ Labu labu.

Can't wait till your movie commentary entry. It'll be hilarious lol.

Sammi said...

was such a fun day!!
and my wishing well wishes both came true so there is hope for yours :)

oink said...

watch ice age if you want to know what a sloth is ;)

Post a Comment